Bad 0 0%

Did not see it, but will 4 4.65%

Willl not see it 2 2.33%

see resultz 3 3.49%

Total:86
weaveworld said:
brendude13 said:
weaveworld said:

Now i was fine skimming the first lines of posts to not run into spoilers untill yours... I stopped reading there but please tell me those first five words do not contain a big spoiler.

They do. >_>

Tags people, tags.

I guess Kantor can reprimand himself?

Now I just need to drown that little bit of information before watching the movie... damn.

Consider me reprimanded.

Though it did say "spoilers" in the title. I've now changed that to "FULL SPOILERS" so everyone is happy.

Also you shouldn't be reading this post until after you've seen the film because you shouldn't be in this thread

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
pezus said:
Will Smith is a great actor. What is people's problem with him?

This is the best movie of 2013 so far. Don't know what the hell you're talking about the music. It all worked perfectly.

Will Smith is far too nice to go on a shooting rampage and kill everyone he sees. But hey, maybe that would have convinced them to take it out, which would be a huge bonus.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Thought it was was very good, though it could have been great had it concluded properly shortly after Christoph Waltz' character had died. I thought the prolonged climax was exhausting and unnecessary.

spurgeoryan, I don't mean to offend you , but it always amazes me how much you know with your posts, I am not sure if you are doing it on porpose.

the first song is the theme song of the whole "Django" series, its only fitting that he'd use it. also the blood isn't really much, you've probably not watched "Slasher" movies. and it was unrealistic , like red paint , it didn't look like blood at all, again a throwback to the old django, the german part is very funny, and ironic.

pezus said:
Barozi said:
Talal said:

Maybe because if they knew that Django wanted her because she was his wife and that it had nothing to do with business they wouldn't sell her to him. They were racist :p. They had to make it all about business to be taken seriously.

After they were exposed I actually expected either an immediate gun fight or that they would only sell her for much more or not at all. But no he just said give me $12000 for the girl and let's forget about Eskimo Joe.
It just doesn't make sense. $12000 for a "worthless" ($300) house slave would've been a far better deal for Calvin Candie than $12000 for a fighter who is indeed worth several thousand dollars.

I think it's because they wanted to grab his attention and they couldn't get an audience with him unless it was about fighting.

True but they could've stopped it there.
"yeah after seeing your fighter I'm not interested anymore, but hey would you like to sell a specific house salve for a few thousand dollars ?"

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Barozi said:

After they were exposed I actually expected either an immediate gun fight or that they would only sell her for much more or not at all. But no he just said give me $12000 for the girl and let's forget about Eskimo Joe.
It just doesn't make sense. $12000 for a "worthless" ($300) house slave would've been a far better deal for Calvin Candie than $12000 for a fighter who is indeed worth several thousand dollars.

If I remember it right, I don't think they were really planning on paying that amount since they were going to go back to "get their lawyer." 

yeah I got that but still, they had that kind of money and it's his god damn wife. You'd think that he gladly pays $12k to get his wife back. Furthermore I'm not saying that they needed to offer exactly $12k. A few thousand dollars would've been enough. Django got 1/3 of all bountys during the winter. They got at least $12k from that stagecoach robbery gang, so $4000 for Django at the very very least. Should've been enough.

It wa a great movie.

It was brilliant

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Barozi said:
axumblade said:

yeah I got that but still, they had that kind of money and it's his god damn wife. You'd think that he gladly pays $12k to get his wife back. Furthermore I'm not saying that they needed to offer exactly $12k. A few thousand dollars would've been enough. Django got 1/3 of all bountys during the winter. They got at least $12k from that stagecoach robbery gang, so $4000 for Django at the very very least. Should've been enough.

I think they over analyzed the situation. I'm pretty sure they expected Candy to be ruthless and careless about anything other than Mandingo fighting. You also have to realize 4k is peanuts to Candy which was the whole point. You have to offer him a substantial amount to even pique his interest.

What I'm wondering is... WHEN WILL LEO GET HIS GOD DAMNED OSCAR! JESUS MAN! this guy has been fucking phenomenal in almost every roles he's played starting as a child.

man-bear-pig said:
brendude13 said:
Nope, really wanted to though. The Nazis at the BBFC decided this film was too much for my fragile little mind.

And yet they made Movie 43 a 15 lulz

How bad is the content in that?

pezus said:
brendude13 said:
Nope, really wanted to though. The Nazis at the BBFC decided this film was too much for my fragile little mind.

Dude, when will you be 18?

Only just turned 17.

I could have tried to get in with my parents, but it wouldn't have been worth it if they had turned me away. The cinema staff have been very strict lately.