Great (clap worthy) 60 69.77%

Good 14 16.28%

meh 3 3.49%

Bad 0 0%

Did not see it, but will 4 4.65%

Willl not see it 2 2.33%

see resultz 3 3.49%

Total:86

Great until the German guy dies, and then it devolves from an intelligent, dark action-comedy-thriller into a mess of explosions and blood with nothing resembling a coherent plot, the kind of thing I would expect from Michael Bay rather than Tarantino. Honestly, after that shootout, Django should just have been shot dead or something and the movie would have been much better.

So I guess that averages out to a "good" overall.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

The use of music was a little strange at times, or just too much once or twice when there was like a 10 second interval between 2 songs playing. And not enough Waltz. Nothing to dislike aside from that though, great movie!

Inglorious Basterds is still my favourite Tarantino movie

This movie was a homage to the old spaghetti western. The first music is the music from Django (1966) and the last one was from They Call me Trinity (1970)

Django credits (1966)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQKKOjXIwuA

They Call Me Trinity (song)
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7013082/terence_hill_bud_spencer_they_call_me_trinity/

Also there are many other references to the western movies like The Good the Bad and the Ugly for example.

I liked Kill Bill series the best among Tarantino's. Dddejango Unchained  didn't fail to impress me. For the funny moments. The shooting scene at Candyland manor particularly. It made me laugh my ass out like Kaz in my sig.

I did'nt even read the post,I'll just rent it,when it comes out on video.

Around the Network

Nope, really wanted to though. The Nazis at the BBFC decided this film was too much for my fragile little mind.

Kantor said:
Great until the German guy dies, and then it devolves from an intelligent, dark action-comedy-thriller into a mess of explosions and blood with nothing resembling a coherent plot, the kind of thing I would expect from Michael Bay rather than Tarantino. Honestly, after that shootout, Django should just have been shot dead or something and the movie would have been much better.

Now i was fine skimming the first lines of posts to not run into spoilers untill yours... I stopped reading there but please tell me those first five words do not contain a big spoiler.

weaveworld said:

Now i was fine skimming the first lines of posts to not run into spoilers untill yours... I stopped reading there but please tell me those first five words do not contain a big spoiler.

They do. >_>

Tags people, tags.

Kantor said:

This. Completely unnecessary.

Also why didn't they just buy Django's wife for 12.000 instead of Eskimo Joe first ? They had the money and since it was a very profitable winter for them (that gang alone was worth 12.000 I think) you'd guess that Django wouldn't be so cheap to try to get his wife back for a few bucks.
I know that they probably never wanted to buy Eskimo Joe, but c'mon Django could have helped Dr. Schultz for another year and earn some more money, so they would be even.

@OP:
I thought the Django song at the beginning was very fitting. Can't remember a "70s" song but I agree with you that the rap song took me out of the film.

It is known that Ryan as a terrible taste for movies, so it's ok he thinks music in this one was bad ;)

The movie es good, really good, but not Pulp Fiction/Inglorious Basters good.