By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the deal with the Wii U in Europe?

The Wii U have been doing some good numbers on both the U.S and Japan, but what's the deal with Europe? 

But before everyone says the Wii U is also doing bad on other regions take a look at this (All credit goes to Chandler, sorry for stealing your images :p)

As you can see only in Europe the Wii U is doing below expectations, what gives? Discuss 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Austerity!

Lack of interest me thinks. I foretold this would happen. Twisted tail! A thousand eyes! EPA! EPA! EPA!!!

2 New Super Mario Bros. Wii Wii 2009 Platform Nintendo NA: 13.04 EU: 6.36 JP: 4.60 Rest: 2.21 All: 26.21

There we have (some of) it. They are not very interested in New Super Mario Bros. U and already have PS3/360/PC for third party titles, so they will wait for more exclusive system sellers.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
2 New Super Mario Bros. Wii Wii 2009 Platform Nintendo NA: 13.04 EU: 6.36 JP: 4.60 Rest: 2.21 All: 26.21

There we have (some of) it. They are not very interested in New Super Mario Bros. U and already have PS3/360/PC for third party titles, so they will wait for more exclusive system sellers.

I don't buy that. WiiU has FIFA, that should do something in Europe.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

its easy, the PS3 is killing it. its cheaper with better online and much much more games. simple as that

Lack of ads before it was released
Overall lack of info
Economic crysis

in europe the people dont give a shit about xbox or nintendo home consoles anymore only the portable, atleast in my country when you talk about a home console you dont need to mention which one is it because you are talking about playstation, even in the tv you only see playstation and 3ds commercials all day

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

yeah it just sold 6.36 million. they clearly are not interested in the game. you do notice it sold in EU more than japan right? and WiiU numbers in japan are higher than in EU. its not because of SMB

Mnementh said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I don't buy that. WiiU has FIFA, that should do something in Europe.

I'd expect all dedicated Fifa fans to already own a console capable of playing Fifa. Wii U need more exclusives that cater to Europeans.