By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the deal with the Wii U in Europe?

Price, most are Wii owners who owners of NSMB already, craving new experiences. Price drop, a couple big games and voila!

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

you're all wrong: 300 euros is a really steep price

1e = 1.32 $ do the math

i did the math and i got 1e =2.7182818284590452353602875...

osed125 said:
Scisca said:
superchunk said:
yeah no shit. Europeans need to step the fuck up. Its the only region with mediocre sales. Not horrible, just not launch/xmas style.

No. It's not us, who have to step up. It's Nintendo. I'm very happy about the Wii U sales, hope they decline even more. Why? Cause Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about us. To back this claim up, I'll go to the biggest gaming store in my city tomorrow and take photos showing you what the shelfs of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo consoles look like. Trust me, you will be shocked.

Did Nintendo killed your family or something?

Wait till you see the photos, you'll understand.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

VGKing said:
Lack of demand. It's definitely not a supply issue, not with these sales.

We're talking Wii U in this thread, not the Vita, VGKing.

Because I like getting emotional responses outta you, VGKing... :)

Scisca said:
osed125 said:
Scisca said:
superchunk said:
yeah no shit. Europeans need to step the fuck up. Its the only region with mediocre sales. Not horrible, just not launch/xmas style.

No. It's not us, who have to step up. It's Nintendo. I'm very happy about the Wii U sales, hope they decline even more. Why? Cause Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about us. To back this claim up, I'll go to the biggest gaming store in my city tomorrow and take photos showing you what the shelfs of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo consoles look like. Trust me, you will be shocked.

Did Nintendo killed your family or something?

Wait till you see the photos, you'll understand.

Understand what? We all know the Wii U is doing really bad in Europe, so if you show pictures not many people will be surprise...

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

More the case of whats the deal with everywhere else. I see very little at the moment for anyone to be excited for the system, It honestly doesn't feel new. Not that I've played it, but from what I've I don't get that OMG a new console feeling. Its not just a graphics thing either, because I had that feeling with the original Wii

Oh and I just remembered that the premium version is £299, compared to the wii's £180. I'm gonna need a lot more then curiosity to fork over £299.

kitler53 said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

you're all wrong: 300 euros is a really steep price

1e = 1.32 $ do the math

i did the math and i got 1e =2.7182818284590452353602875...

I see what you did there :P

Austerity, first time I heard of this...
*go to wikipedia*

I had no such knowledge of a situation in one word! You learn new things every day.
So yeah, I would go with that as well.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

It is easy to explain.
For the younger audience, its too expensive.
For the older casual ones, i am talking about those mid age people who bought a wii because its perfect for parties and for wii fit etc its not really justifyable. Really the wii got very much attention from people who dont care about graphics and bought their first console. Because it was accessible, cheap, and fun.
Now with wiiu they ask "What is better?" it is just just the graphics. They have a wii because they dont care about that.

As for core gamers its the games. Economic crisis has its impact too sure.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse