By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the deal with the Wii U in Europe?

european game market is not about lan multiplayer not about family its just about singleplayer experience and surprises and the price is to high and no adversts watsoever...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Europe are biased Play Station consumers, Play Station brand is strong than anything here. In my country especially.

Gehirnkrampf said:
It is easy to explain.
For the younger audience, its too expensive.
For the older casual ones, i am talking about those mid age people who bought a wii because its perfect for parties and for wii fit etc its not really justifyable. Really the wii got very much attention from people who dont care about graphics and bought their first console. Because it was accessible, cheap, and fun.
Now with wiiu they ask "What is better?" it is just just the graphics. They have a wii because they dont care about that.

As for core gamers its the games. Economic crisis has its impact too sure.

Can´t really agree with that. If by "younger audience" you mean "children", I think you aren´t quite right. For children every new home console is too expensive. Even the Wii was. A cheap handheld (150€ MAX) always will be the upper limit of what children can buy with their Taschengeld (pocket money? I´m seriously too tired right now), everything beyond this price point will be bought by their parents. Always was like this and alwys will be^^ 

it's Sony land.

Kasz216 said:

No good racers... and not as solid a hook as the Wii.

Wii could use it's own GT/Forza.

Mario Kart?

Around the Network
Kenology said:
VGKing said:
Lack of demand. It's definitely not a supply issue, not with these sales.

We're talking Wii U in this thread, not the Vita, VGKing.

Because I like getting emotional responses outta you, VGKing... :)

That would be funny if it even made a bit of sense.(which it doesn't)

kyu23 said:
Europe are biased Play Station consumers, Play Station brand is strong than anything here. In my country especially.

Just like America is Xbox land? NO.

Just because a brand is stronger in a certain country, it doesn't mean that the consumers are biased...it just means the brand is more established because the companies did a great job at promoting it.

VGKing said:
Kasz216 said:

No good racers... and not as solid a hook as the Wii.

Wii could use it's own GT/Forza.

Mario Kart?

In terms of sales I´ll agree, but I think he was more about the gameplay.  But since Mario Kart is far more successful than GT and Forza the WiiU doesn´t really need this type of racing games.

osed125 said:
Scisca said:
osed125 said:
Scisca said:
superchunk said:
yeah no shit. Europeans need to step the fuck up. Its the only region with mediocre sales. Not horrible, just not launch/xmas style.

No. It's not us, who have to step up. It's Nintendo. I'm very happy about the Wii U sales, hope they decline even more. Why? Cause Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about us. To back this claim up, I'll go to the biggest gaming store in my city tomorrow and take photos showing you what the shelfs of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo consoles look like. Trust me, you will be shocked.

Did Nintendo killed your family or something?

Wait till you see the photos, you'll understand.

Understand what? We all know the Wii U is doing really bad in Europe, so if you show pictures not many people will be surprise...

Trust me, you have no idea what I'm going to show you. And it will justify my OP 100%.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
osed125 said:
Scisca said:
osed125 said:
Scisca said:
superchunk said:
yeah no shit. Europeans need to step the fuck up. Its the only region with mediocre sales. Not horrible, just not launch/xmas style.

No. It's not us, who have to step up. It's Nintendo. I'm very happy about the Wii U sales, hope they decline even more. Why? Cause Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about us. To back this claim up, I'll go to the biggest gaming store in my city tomorrow and take photos showing you what the shelfs of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo consoles look like. Trust me, you will be shocked.

Did Nintendo killed your family or something?

Wait till you see the photos, you'll understand.

Understand what? We all know the Wii U is doing really bad in Europe, so if you show pictures not many people will be surprise...

Trust me, you have no idea what I'm going to show you. And it will justify my OP 100%.

0.o now I'm imagining a bunch of Mii characters killing people when entering the store...

Nintendo and PC gamer