By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U to have play limits on demos like the 3DS

No problem here

Around the Network

makes sense, never used up all the play times on the 3DS demos

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Everyone saying "Makes sense"? wanna let me know why? I always found it stupid that there's a limit on a demo.

I'm OK with this. If you like playing a demo more than 10 times, man up and buy the freaking game.

Video games are not a charity.

It's mostly stupid though with FIFA 13 it makes at least a bit sense, since it's basically like the full game just without online and only limited teams. Still as a kid I played certain demos much more than just 10 times. (Like those which came with a Playstation magazine)
Therefore you might not have a problem with that since you can buy games easily, but a child has to save money for a great amount of time until he or she can buy a game on his or her own.

Also what people are forgetting that there are demos that come out before the game releases and that's where I see the most problems.
Before Call of Duty 2 came out on PC I played its demo level 20 times and more.

Around the Network

I one time used up all the demo-plays on 3DS: Resident Evil Revelations. I played it, until I could no longer, and after that I bought the game. I think the game came out later than the demo, so I had to play the demo so long, but I'm not sure anymore.

I don't know if it makes sense, like everybody says. I think the play-limit is not really limiting, as it is usually designed to have plenty of plays to know everything you can squeeze out of the demo. But I can't find a reason for them either.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Barozi said:

It's mostly stupid though with FIFA 13 it makes at least a bit sense, since it's basically like the full game just without online and only limited teams. Still as a kid I played certain demos much more than just 10 times. (Like those which came with a Playstation magazine)
Therefore you might not have a problem with that since you can buy games easily, but a child has to save money for a great amount of time until he or she can buy a game on his or her own.

Also what people are forgetting that there are demos that come out before the game releases and that's where I see the most problems.
Before Call of Duty 2 came out on PC I played its demo level 20 times and more.

Yeah, only reason it isn't really annoying is that most demos these days seem to come out after the official release.  I don't know what I would have done if something like this were on the skate demo for PS3, I played that thing over and over again just screwing around in the first area until the game finally released, same for Valkyria Chronies.  If the game is already out it's no biggy, but if you're a fan who can't wait for a game and you get lucky enough to have a demo released before the game comes out this could really suck.  Hopefully if a company doesn't want a limit they can forego it since they can change the number of times.  

i'm sorry, what? people play demos more than once?!? the hell, why?

Don't really see the issue here, I played demos like 2 or 3 times (and that's only if I like the demo) so this doesn't affect me at all.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I play the FIFA demos several times