By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U to have play limits on demos like the 3DS

Barozi said:

It's mostly stupid though with FIFA 13 it makes at least a bit sense, since it's basically like the full game just without online and only limited teams. Still as a kid I played certain demos much more than just 10 times. (Like those which came with a Playstation magazine)
Therefore you might not have a problem with that since you can buy games easily, but a child has to save money for a great amount of time until he or she can buy a game on his or her own.

Also what people are forgetting that there are demos that come out before the game releases and that's where I see the most problems.
Before Call of Duty 2 came out on PC I played its demo level 20 times and more.

Well said.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

It's mostly stupid though with FIFA 13 it makes at least a bit sense, since it's basically like the full game just without online and only limited teams. Still as a kid I played certain demos much more than just 10 times. (Like those which came with a Playstation magazine)
Therefore you might not have a problem with that since you can buy games easily, but a child has to save money for a great amount of time until he or she can buy a game on his or her own.

Also what people are forgetting that there are demos that come out before the game releases and that's where I see the most problems.
Before Call of Duty 2 came out on PC I played its demo level 20 times and more.

This. I am not a huge fan of most sports, but I enjoy playing the game with friends. I have played the fifa 2012 playstation 3 demo more than most of the playstation 3 games I actually own. As long as I am able to start an exhibition game I will never need to buy an actual sports game. I feel somewhat bad but EA decided to make the demo include the only features I actually want to use. Basically if the demo has replayability I can understand why they would limit it.

There always have been, and always will be, people that will hold onto demos indefinitely instead of buying retail copies. This is Nintendo's answer to force those people to give them money. Sure, most people only play a demo once or twice, but this isn't about them. Too many companies are taking DRM cues from Apple, and it's making every entertainment industry less consumer-friendly. It's all about greed, it's all bullshit.