Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "Next-Gen Stars now"

Heavenly_King said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
As a wii u owner, i can tell you right now this isn't next gen. Not even by an inch. People need to get over it, it's not in Nintendo interest to be cutting edge.

and if you buy online things, and your console die you are screwed.

http://gamingeverything.com/33661/not-even-nintendo-customer-support-can-transfer-nintendo-network-ids/

didn't you post this also in another thread?

Around the Network
Chandler said:
Train wreck said:
Teriol said:
VGKing said:
BasilZero said:
I thought this was gonna be an announcement for "Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale" after I saw the title.

Oh no, Nintendo's taking a quote from Sony. Nintendo copies Sony confirmed.

You missed the point. Read the text I pulled from the article.

Sony and Microsoft are trying to preserve sales of PS3 and 360 by delaying next-gen as long as possible.(milking) I just thought it was funny how he took a jab at them...
Ironically though, the only reason Wii U is releasing this year is because Nintendo's own console, the Wii, couldn't preserve its sales....

you are so cute, and always make my day of lol's

oh i forgot... Wii stop selling well because nintendo kill it  in order to focus on new platforms :)

How does killing success feel like?

Pretty much like a PS3 launch.

game, set and match.

I dont want a next-gen star Nintendo, I want a next-gen console

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lets see Nintendo preserve next gen multiplats. ;p

And I'm probably gonna offend some people on this board with a Wii U already in hand:

Preserve what exactly....having the inferior version of the game? If the Wii taught us anything ( and I was one of the 97 million customers who brought....was because I gave it away to my little cousin about 6 months ago) is unless the third party developer actually put effort in the Wii U version, it's gonna basically be ok to bad.  There are gonna be some cases where the Wii U version will win out ( NG 3 : Razor's Edge looks to be a decent example of the...only because the orignal game was horrible) but most will be.....meh.

bigdom2786 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lets see Nintendo preserve next gen multiplats. ;p

And I'm probably gonna offend some people on this board with a Wii U already in hand:

Preserve what exactly....having the inferior version of the game? If the Wii taught us anything ( and I was one of the 97 million customers who brought....was because I gave it away to my little cousin about 6 months ago) is unless the third party developer actually put effort in the Wii U version, it's gonna basically be ok to bad.  There are gonna be some cases where the Wii U version will win out ( NG 3 : Razor's Edge looks to be a decent example of the...only because the orignal game was horrible) but most will be.....meh.

Heh, its funny you say that. They need to find other games to show because right now the launches arent impressive at all. The tablet controller additions to certain games are going to be the deal breaker for multiplats that dont look as good. Most reviews said Razors edge didnt look that hot, especially compared to the PS3/360 versions of Ninja Gaiden. I definitely agree Ninja Gaiden 3 as a whole is a piece of shit. lol

Around the Network

What is going on here? It IS next-gen, but it's just semantics people. Call it whatever you want. Does it have great games? Probably not, because it just launched. WILL it have great games? Most definitely, considering Nintendo's track record. In any event, if you love video games, and you have the disposable time and money, you will buy one eventually.

The system has been out for 48 hours. Who knows in what form the next video game consoles from Sony and Microsoft will arrive. Just everyone settle down, and enjoy playing your games on whichever console you please.

Sorry Nintendo, you are 7 years late. You should have be saying this on 2005, not now.

babuks said:
Sorry Nintendo, you are 7 years late. You should have be saying this on 2005, not now.

Obviously. I mean, why would Nintendo want to sell almost 100 million consoles when they could have just had another Gamecube situation...

Sol said:
babuks said:

Obviously. I mean, why would Nintendo want to sell almost 100 million consoles when they could have just had another Gamecube situation...

;)

enditall727 said:
aikohualda said:
enditall727 said:
thekitchensink said:
NinjaMonkeyLuchadore said:
Chandler said:
Busted said:
BasilZero said:
I thought this was gonna be an announcement for "Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale" after I saw the title.

Wow just think about it, a game like PS All stars battle royale but with nintendo characters, it could be interesting.

Nintendo clearly hasn't enough mascots to pull it off. Also I would rather see Nintendo do something new and exciting instead of copying franchises from their competitors. What's next, they copy Little Big Planet Karting?

This is funnier than expected.

Haha yeah, or maybe copying Playstation Move. I can't really see Nintendo having any success with motion controls XD!!! 

Or maybe they try and copy something like Singstar. Ha like we'll ever see...

......oh. 

;P

Nexthing you know, they'll make a game where a lone space soldier battles hordes of aliens on an exotic planet.  Or make characters (let's call them 'Avatars') who live on your console and represent you.

My sarcasm detector went kind of haywire here as well..

i hope nintendo would copy a 3d game  that stomps on enemies... like crash bandicoot.. and if they are success they could have their own racing game like crash team racing...

okay my sarcasm detector seems to be working again but actually crash kills his enemies with a spin attack and it's SOMETIMES optional to stomp on enemies

:)

Imagine that. Maybe they could give Mario some kind of cape or something that he can spin to beat enemies.

This thread is full of win.