By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "Next-Gen Stars now"

http://kotaku.com/5961840/nintendo-boss-declares-wii-u-the-start-of-the-next-console-generation-teases-looming-surprises

"This is absolutely the beginning of a new generation," Fils-Aime told me during a quick interview late Saturday night, just minutes before the official launch of Nintendo's sixth home console. "With the innovation we're bringing to bear, with the social community we're bringing to bear, [and] with the video entertainment we're bringing to bear, I think this is the start of a new generation. I think those who say otherwise are clearly trying to preserve sales on their current hardware. This is definitely the start of a new day."

Around the Network

Yep it's the start of a new generation. That is true. But it's not the next level in gaming technology, we will have to wait at least a year for that. As for Wii U, I'll get one when the next main series Mario, Zelda, or Metroid hit.

BasilZero said:
I thought this was gonna be an announcement for "Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale" after I saw the title.

Oh no, Nintendo's taking a quote from Sony. Nintendo copies Sony confirmed.

You missed the point. Read the text I pulled from the article.

Sony and Microsoft are trying to preserve sales of PS3 and 360 by delaying next-gen as long as possible.(milking) I just thought it was funny how he took a jab at them...
Ironically though, the only reason Wii U is releasing this year is because Nintendo's own console, the Wii, couldn't preserve its sales....

BasilZero said:
I thought this was gonna be an announcement for "Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale" after I saw the title.

Wow just think about it, a game like PS All stars battle royale but with nintendo characters, it could be interesting.

Next gen starts when a next gen console releases. Shock, horror.

Around the Network

Reggie just mad he couldn't preserve Wii sales.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Busted said:
BasilZero said:

Wow just think about it, a game like PS All stars battle royale but with nintendo characters, it could be interesting.

Nintendo clearly hasn't enough mascots to pull it off. Also I would rather see Nintendo do something new and exciting instead of copying franchises from their competitors. What's next, they copy Little Big Planet Karting?

This is funnier than expected.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
Busted said:
BasilZero said:

Nintendo clearly hasn't enough mascots to pull it off. Also I would rather see Nintendo do something new and exciting instead of copying franchises from their competitors. What's next, they copy Little Big Planet Karting?

This is funnier than expected.

You're right, I lol'd

VGKing said:
BasilZero said:

Sony and Microsoft are trying to preserve sales of PS3 and 360 by delaying next-gen as long as possible.(milking) I just thought it was funny how he took a jab at them...
Ironically though, the only reason Wii U is releasing this year is because Nintendo's own console, the Wii, couldn't preserve its sales....

And the Wii couldn't preserve its' sales because Nintendo moved on to making software for 3DS and Wii U.

VGKing said:
BasilZero said:

you are so cute, and always make my day of lol's

oh i forgot... Wii stop selling well because nintendo kill it  in order to focus on new platforms :)

34 years playing games.