By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "Next-Gen Stars now"

leo-j said:
Chandler said:
Train wreck said:
Teriol said:
VGKing said:
BasilZero said:
I thought this was gonna be an announcement for "Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale" after I saw the title.

Oh no, Nintendo's taking a quote from Sony. Nintendo copies Sony confirmed.

You missed the point. Read the text I pulled from the article.

Sony and Microsoft are trying to preserve sales of PS3 and 360 by delaying next-gen as long as possible.(milking) I just thought it was funny how he took a jab at them...
Ironically though, the only reason Wii U is releasing this year is because Nintendo's own console, the Wii, couldn't preserve its sales....

you are so cute, and always make my day of lol's

oh i forgot... Wii stop selling well because nintendo kill it  in order to focus on new platforms :)

How does killing success feel like? 

Pretty much like a PS3 launch.

You see this? This post is FARRRR more offensive than what I posted yesterday.. and was banned for.. it's time to bring the mods over here..

But that comment was too funny to ban. lol

Around the Network

I take it the next-generation no longer starts when Sony says it does.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

The videogame industry is like a game of HORSE. The winner of one generation sets the rules for the next round.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

noname2200 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I enjoy the NSMB games, but I have plenty of them. What I want is a successor to the Galaxy games. That or a Zelda or Metroid game.

The Wii U is Nintendo's 'next level in gaming', but when the next system all can run advanced AI, physics, simulations, etc, we will have the true advancement in gaming tech that we expect from a generational leap.

I hope you're willing to settle for "can but won't."

You need to start dealing with the reality that the Wii U will be in the same position that the Wii was with the HD twins. When MS and Sony release their systems the Wii U will be the underpowered "Nintendo 1st Party Box" while the other two will be able to handle all the next gen tech required by the latest and greatest games.

kain_kusanagi said:
noname2200 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I enjoy the NSMB games, but I have plenty of them. What I want is a successor to the Galaxy games. That or a Zelda or Metroid game.

The Wii U is Nintendo's 'next level in gaming', but when the next system all can run advanced AI, physics, simulations, etc, we will have the true advancement in gaming tech that we expect from a generational leap.

I hope you're willing to settle for "can but won't."

You need to start dealing with the reality that the Wii U will be in the same position as the Wii was with the HD twins. When MS and Sony release their system the Wii U will be the underpowered Nintendo box while the other two be able to handle all the next gen tech.

Which, as prior generations have taught us, will mostly go to making shaders and textures look purdier. The AI will remain as dumb as rocks, the physics would only work on a space station, and I'm not completely sure what you mean by simulations but if it can't be captured on a screenshot it'll be confined to the Development Ghetto.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Chandler said:

Pretty much like a PS3 launch.

You see this? This post is FARRRR more offensive than what I posted yesterday.. and was banned for.. it's time to bring the mods over here..

I didn't even realise you got banned yesterday. All the posts I read from you seemed reasonable.

There is a FEW other people last night who should have been banned for the crap they were posting. IN particular new members who recently (within the last month) signed up just to trash talk since they joined.

kain_kusanagi said:
superchunk said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Yep it's the start of a new generation. That is true. But it's not the next level in gaming technology, we will have to wait at least a year for that. As for Wii U, I'll get one when the next main series Mario, Zelda, or Metroid hit.

It has a main series Mario and this is 'next level in gaming'. Its not solely about how many pixels are on the screen.

HOW advanced

HOW true

We need actual numbers to fuel this debate. Look at how recent threads make comparisons between screenshots and the glyphs written on things, and understand why posts such as yours are merely speculative and not at all not helpful.

For those of you with "posts per page" set to 50 - WELCOME TO PAGE TWO!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
kain_kusanagi said:
superchunk said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Yep it's the start of a new generation. That is true. But it's not the next level in gaming technology, we will have to wait at least a year for that. As for Wii U, I'll get one when the next main series Mario, Zelda, or Metroid hit.

It has a main series Mario and this is 'next level in gaming'. Its not solely about how many pixels are on the screen.

HOW advanced

HOW true

We need actual numbers to fuel this debate. Look at how recent threads make comparisons between screenshots and the glyphs written on things, and understand why posts such as yours are merely speculative and not at all not helpful.

First I'll answer your first two "questions".

"HOW advanced"

More advanced than the Wii U.

"HOW true"

Truely more advanced than this generaions, not just an incrimental upgrade like the Wii U.

As for your critique of my posts. Yes I am speculating. What's wrong with that? The begining of a console generation is only fun because of the speculation.

kain_kusanagi said:
Gnac said:
kain_kusanagi said:
superchunk said:
kain_kusanagi said:

HOW advanced

HOW true

First I'll answer your first two "questions".

"HOW advanced"

More advanced than the Wii U.

"HOW true"

Truely more advanced than this generaions, not just an incrimental upgrade like the Wii U.

As for your critique of my posts. Yes I am speculating. What's wrong with that? The begining of a console generation is only fun because of the speculation.

Can you quantify these increments? For the sake of fun.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Chandler said:
F0X said:

The videogame industry is like a game of HORSE. The winner of one generation sets the rules for the next round.

I likes ^.^