By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "Next-Gen Stars now"

Nintendo will do well this generation.all hail the wii u. Cant waite to get my wii u.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network
VGKing said:
BasilZero said:
I thought this was gonna be an announcement for "Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale" after I saw the title.

Oh no, Nintendo's taking a quote from Sony. Nintendo copies Sony confirmed.

You missed the point. Read the text I pulled from the article.

Sony and Microsoft are trying to preserve sales of PS3 and 360 by delaying next-gen as long as possible.(milking) I just thought it was funny how he took a jab at them...
Ironically though, the only reason Wii U is releasing this year is because Nintendo's own console, the Wii, couldn't preserve its sales....

Actually it's been 5-6 years and has nothing to do with your ironic post. Vgking attacks when Sony is in anyway threaten or the other companies are doing good so he makes stuff up to make himself believe his brand is doing great or put others down when it's clear Sony wasn't. The winner of anything this gen.

i'm starting to get bored with you hating so much. 

Did you honestly believe they would not release a new console by now even if the wii end was still going ok?

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Gnac said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Gnac said:
kain_kusanagi said:
superchunk said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Yep it's the start of a new generation. That is true. But it's not the next level in gaming technology, we will have to wait at least a year for that. As for Wii U, I'll get one when the next main series Mario, Zelda, or Metroid hit.

It has a main series Mario and this is 'next level in gaming'. Its not solely about how many pixels are on the screen.

I enjoy the NSMB games, but I have plenty of them. What I want is a successor to the Galaxy games. That or a Zelda or Metroid game.

The Wii U is Nintendo's 'next level in gaming', but when the next system all can run advanced AI, physics, simulations, etc, we will have the true advancement in gaming tech that we expect from a generational leap.

HOW advanced

HOW true

We need actual numbers to fuel this debate. Look at how recent threads make comparisons between screenshots and the glyphs written on things, and understand why posts such as yours are merely speculative and not at all not helpful.

For those of you with "posts per page" set to 50 - WELCOME TO PAGE TWO!

First I'll answer your first two "questions".

"HOW advanced"

More advanced than the Wii U.

"HOW true"

Truely more advanced than this generaions, not just an incrimental upgrade like the Wii U.

As for your critique of my posts. Yes I am speculating. What's wrong with that? The begining of a console generation is only fun because of the speculation.

Can you quantify these increments? For the sake of fun.

I've seen nothing on the Wii U that can't be done on the current gen. Nothing is running in 1080p with an impressive display of tons of polygon,  shaders and other crazy cool stuff. ZombieU, for example, isn't a port like BLOPS2 or Batman AC, so it isn't held back by a curret gen lead platform, yet it still doesn't impress visualy or technicaly. It is a decent looking game that could easily run on PS360 with little downgrade if any.

I don't expect developers to both pushing the Wii U beyond the marginal when they know the MS and Sony machines will give them everything they'll want without having to work hard to get it. Devs don't like pushing hardware beyond it's bounds, they do it at the end of a generation when they have to.

So for the sake of fun, can you honestly say that you expect the Wii U to compete bit for bit with the Nextbox and PS4?

kain_kusanagi said:
Gnac said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Gnac said:
kain_kusanagi said:
superchunk said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Yep it's the start of a new generation. That is true. But it's not the next level in gaming technology, we will have to wait at least a year for that. As for Wii U, I'll get one when the next main series Mario, Zelda, or Metroid hit.

It has a main series Mario and this is 'next level in gaming'. Its not solely about how many pixels are on the screen.

I enjoy the NSMB games, but I have plenty of them. What I want is a successor to the Galaxy games. That or a Zelda or Metroid game.

The Wii U is Nintendo's 'next level in gaming', but when the next system all can run advanced AI, physics, simulations, etc, we will have the true advancement in gaming tech that we expect from a generational leap.

HOW advanced

HOW true

We need actual numbers to fuel this debate. Look at how recent threads make comparisons between screenshots and the glyphs written on things, and understand why posts such as yours are merely speculative and not at all not helpful.

For those of you with "posts per page" set to 50 - WELCOME TO PAGE TWO!

First I'll answer your first two "questions".

"HOW advanced"

More advanced than the Wii U.

"HOW true"

Truely more advanced than this generaions, not just an incrimental upgrade like the Wii U.

As for your critique of my posts. Yes I am speculating. What's wrong with that? The begining of a console generation is only fun because of the speculation.

Can you quantify these increments? For the sake of fun.

I've seen nothing on the Wii U that can't be done on the current gen. Nothing is running in 1080p with an impressive display of tons of polygon,  shaders and other crazy cool stuff. ZombieU, for example, isn't a port like BLOPS2 or Batman AC, so it isn't held back by a curret gen lead platform, yet it still doesn't impress visualy or technicaly. It is a decent looking game that could easily run on PS360 with little downgrade if any.

I don't expect developers to both pushing the Wii U beyond the marginal when they know the MS and Sony machines will give them everything they'll want without having to work hard to get it. Devs don't like pushing hardware beyond it's bounds, they do it at the end of a generation when they have to.

So for the sake of fun, can you honestly say that you expect the Wii U to compete bit for bit with the Nextbox and PS4?

For the sake of fun, I can honestly say that all this bit for bit shit is just tit for tat.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

As a wii u owner, i can tell you right now this isn't next gen. Not even by an inch. People need to get over it, it's not in Nintendo interest to be cutting edge.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
As a wii u owner, i can tell you right now this isn't next gen. Not even by an inch. People need to get over it, it's not in Nintendo interest to be cutting edge.

This is absolutely fine, just as long as people can accept that last gen ended two days ago.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

leo-j said:
Chandler said:
Train wreck said:

How does killing success feel like? 

Pretty much like a PS3 launch.

You see this? This post is FARRRR more offensive than what I posted yesterday.. and was banned for.. it's time to bring the mods over here..

It's okay. Many others were also offended by the PS3 launch as well...

so it's true what everyone says? Next Gen won't be a huge leap above this one...

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Chandler said:
Train wreck said:
Teriol said:
VGKing said:
BasilZero said:
I thought this was gonna be an announcement for "Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale" after I saw the title.

Oh no, Nintendo's taking a quote from Sony. Nintendo copies Sony confirmed.

You missed the point. Read the text I pulled from the article.

Sony and Microsoft are trying to preserve sales of PS3 and 360 by delaying next-gen as long as possible.(milking) I just thought it was funny how he took a jab at them...
Ironically though, the only reason Wii U is releasing this year is because Nintendo's own console, the Wii, couldn't preserve its sales....

you are so cute, and always make my day of lol's

oh i forgot... Wii stop selling well because nintendo kill it  in order to focus on new platforms :)

How does killing success feel like? 

Pretty much like a PS3 launch.

You get a gold star. Best post I have seen in awhile.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Lets see Nintendo preserve next gen multiplats. ;p