By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "Next-Gen Stars now"

I'm sorry, but that is really hard to believe especially since Wii U's CPU is as horrible as people say it is. I'll be more inclined to believe that when it actually feels like it does something that the 360 and ps3 can't already.

Around the Network

kain_kusanagi said:

1. I'm was obviously talking about power.
2. This is a console discussion, PC has nothing to do with.
3. I wasn't talking about sales.
4. PC and PC fans have nothing to do with this discussion.

so if power matters so much, why is it that the console or handheld graphics kings or queens are never the best sellers? If the Wii is a 7th gen system, why is the Wii U not 8th gen especially considering that it's beyond 7th gen tech and is overall more powerful? Does console power actually matter all that much if it doesn't have great software or games?

IMO console power doesn't mean as much, we are simply not paying enough to start with. It has always been what the niche is, or we just can't explain the Wii at all.

If 360 and PS3 fans don't believe this, then no it hasn't.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

dahuman said:

kain_kusanagi said:

so if power matters so much, why is it that the console or handheld graphics kings or queens are never the best sellers? If the Wii is a 7th gen system, why is the Wii U not 8th gen especially considering that it's beyond 7th gen tech and is overall more powerful? Does console power actually matter all that much if it doesn't have great software or games?

IMO console power doesn't mean as much, we are simply not paying enough to start with. It has always been what the niche is, or we just can't explain the Wii at all.

You did not read my original statement. I never said the Wii U isn't next gen. I said it was.

"Yep it's the start of a new generation. That is true. But it's not the next level in gaming technology, we will have to wait at least a year for that. As for Wii U, I'll get one when the next main series Mario, Zelda, or Metroid hit." "The Wii U is Nintendo's 'next level in gaming', but when the next system all can run advanced AI, physics, simulations, etc, we will have the true advancement in gaming tech that we expect from a generational leap."

As you can see, I didn't talk about sales or what makes a successfull console. I simply said that the Wii U is Nintendo's nex gen entry and then commented on what I expect from other next gen machines.

meanwhile at sony hq

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
dahuman said:

kain_kusanagi said:

You did not read my original statement. I never said the Wii U isn't next gen. I said it was.

"Yep it's the start of a new generation. That is true. But it's not the next level in gaming technology, we will have to wait at least a year for that. As for Wii U, I'll get one when the next main series Mario, Zelda, or Metroid hit." "The Wii U is Nintendo's 'next level in gaming', but when the next system all can run advanced AI, physics, simulations, etc, we will have the true advancement in gaming tech that we expect from a generational leap."

As you can see, I didn't talk about sales or what makes a successfull console. I simply said that the Wii U is Nintendo's nex gen entry and then commented on what I expect from other next gen machines.

I see, waiting for the right games is always a good choice.