By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SHEEP: Resident Evil 6 and why the series should never have left Nintendo

Resident Evil 3 was my favourite, at least in terms of the original tone of the series (I was petrified of Nemesis always following me through the city!)

I never really took to Code Veronica, not really sure why. And I have enjoyed playing Resi 4 & 5, but I can see how why they caused such a kerfuffle leading into Resi 6 (which I haven't played yet, but I'm sure I will one day).

Anyway, I digress. That article in the OP was just... obscure. In a bad way. I enjoyed that he summed up pretty much the whole article in the final paragraph though:

"About the author: The Sheep is a die-hard Nintendo fanboy. Having grown up with Nintendo games, he can’t imagine how anyone can not like Mario and the classic Nintendo franchises. He owns a full collection of Nintendo plushies which he poses accordingly."

We could tell.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I highly doubt Mikami left simply because of Capcom's "betrayal". And RE6 would have been just as bad if it was exclusive to WiiU. The fanboyism here is insane.

No one even mentioned the Wii U much less makign it exclsusive. You just created a nonexistent events and ridiculed it. Fanboyism here is, indeed, insane.

lilbroex said:
Fusioncode said:
I highly doubt Mikami left simply because of Capcom's "betrayal". And RE6 would have been just as bad if it was exclusive to WiiU. The fanboyism here is insane.

No one even mentioned the Wii U much less makign it exclsusive. You just created a nonexistent events and ridiculed it. Fanboyism here is, indeed, insane.

I think you completely missed his point and I don't see how you say he ridiculed the Wii U.  Your love for nintendo is blinding you and you're seeing things that aren't there.  

What sold more? Resident Evil 4 or Resident Evil 5?

Which RE has had the biggest ever opening?

Carl2291 said:

Exactly. Looks like the right decisions have been made in terms of financials and that is all that counts for a company.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
lilbroex said:

RE3 on the GC has content added exclsusively for the GC version. Code Veronica X performs the best on the GC and has the least aliasing.

You are posting bullshit.  I listed all diferences, the GC lacks DC and PC content.  Please, list this magical added content of the GC RE3...

I took the info from this video demonstrating the costumes on the GC. Though wiki says that it didn't have them...strange.

"However, it does feature an increased frame rate of 60 for FMV movies and enhanced 3D character model graphics."

I don't know what to make of it.

KylieDog said:
Carl2291 said:

RE5, even when you add the GC, PS2 and Wii versions of RE4 together.

I think those were rhetorical questions :P

The truth is this - Reviewers dont like how a series they loved 10-15 Years ago has evolved to appeal to a new demographic.

Resident Evil 6 is a great, fun game. It has improved gameplay elements and still holds the survival part of survival horror.

Play the game with a friend on a high difficulty. The game is great. Theres plenty to do. Its not a quick 6 hour runthrough like CoD, Gears or Uncharted. Its a full package. Its fun.

The series' decline with reviews in mind has nothing to do with Nintendo. Its to do with reviewers hating the change. Its like a big babyish tantrum from people stuck in the past.

KylieDog said:
lilbroex said:
KylieDog said:
WTF is the writing even talking about anyway,

"And the truth is that the best Resident Evil games were on Nintendo systems! The best versions of the original PS1 games are on the ‘REmakes’ for the Nintendo Gamecube."

Best versions of the ps1 games are the REMakes? There was one remake only, it wasn't the same as the PS1 game, the other games are all direct ports from PS1, while the Dreamcast ports got more features and ran better.

False, RE3 on the GC has more features and runs better than any other version, even the PC. Same with the RE2 and Code Veronica X. 

People generally refer to RE: DC and RE:0 as the "reamkes" since they were both the same engine and based around the original game.

No, the GC games are direct ports from PS1.  RE3 uses the US PS1 release of RE3 to port from (even for PAL regions), RE2 uses the RE2: Dual Shock Edition from US PS1 release (even for PAL regions).

The Dreamcast version of RE3 looked the best, had higher resolution backgrounds, featured additional extra costumes only found otherwise in the PC release, VMU support.

The Dreamcast version of RE2 looked the best, in PAL regions offered several 50hz modes that ran fullscreen, offered a 60hz mode, included new difficulties not found in other versions, art gallery, concept art gallery, 3d character gallery, enemy gallery, movie theatre, the FMVs ran fullscreen, VMU support.  

Code Veronica X is identical in features on Dreamcast, PS2, GC, except dreamcast made use of the VMU.

The single new feature any GC port got was in RE2 you could now skip cutscenes, that is it.  Since is the US release used to port, there is no longer an S rank for PAL regions though.

winner

KylieDog said:
lilbroex said:

I took the info from this video demonstrating the costumes on the GC. Though wiki says that it didn't have them...strange.

"However, it does feature an increased frame rate of 60 for FMV movies and enhanced 3D character model graphics."

I don't know what to make of it.

All versions have those costumes, the Dreamcast and PC have even more costumes.  The better character models (really just better resolution, no changes to them at all) are also in DC and PC, however backgrounds are better on PC and DC.

I'm pretty sure that nothing (graphically) on the DC is going to look better than on the GC. Where did you get this information?