By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SHEEP: Resident Evil 6 and why the series should never have left Nintendo

First of all, Resident Evil 4 is not exclusive for GC. And yet still my favourite in the series.

I still play Re6, this is a really good game but not as great as RE4. I don't know why people keep complain about this game. This game is a package u can got a horror (leon) and action game(chris and jake).
I read a lot bad reviews about this game, and keep convincing me or us to not buy this game. But hey! This is my money!

Around the Network
lilbroex said:
Soundwave said:
None of the RE games on the GameCube really sold all that great to be honest. RE0 underperformed, RE Remake did so-so. RE4 did OK.

RE4 Wii capitalized on the cheap price point + early Wii frenzy I think.

RE: Revelations on 3DS did poorly.

If breaking a million sold underperformed, is soso or is okay then I feel sad for most of the devs on the HD consoles who made games that cost 3 times as much to develop but didn't even touch 1 million.

That would mean that they would need sell 3 million copies just to have soso success.

Only 3 RE games on the PS2 reach 1 million. The rest bombed.

How many RE games were even on the PS2? LOL. RE0 on GameCube failed to hit Capcom's sales targets, which why I said it underperformed, because it did.

Pretty much all the best selling RE games on are the Playstation format (RE, RE2, RE4 PS2, RE5 PS3).

RE5 just for reference on PS3 + 360 outsold RE4 on GameCube + PS2 by a pretty fair margin.

Soundwave said:
lilbroex said:
Soundwave said:
None of the RE games on the GameCube really sold all that great to be honest. RE0 underperformed, RE Remake did so-so. RE4 did OK.

If breaking a million sold underperformed, is soso or is okay then I feel sad for most of the devs on the HD consoles who made games that cost 3 times as much to develop but didn't even touch 1 million.

That would mean that they would need sell 3 million copies just to have soso success.

How many RE games were even on the PS2? LOL.

Pretty much all the best selling RE games on are the Playstation format (RE, RE2, RE4 PS2, RE5 PS3).

RE5 just for reference on PS3 + 360 outsold RE4 on GameCube + PS2 by a pretty fair margin.

7 were on the PS2. It saddens me to this day that RE5 outsold RE4.It was no where near as good.

Though this is beside the point of the article. They've left Nintendo in the dust when game were showing such growing success and it still ultimately cost them Mikami.

RE4 started the decline of the series for me.

lilbroex said:
Soundwave said:
lilbroex said:
Soundwave said:

How many RE games were even on the PS2? LOL.

7 were on the PS2. It saddens me to this day that RE5 outsold RE4.It was no where near as good.

Though this is beside the point of the article. They've left Nintendo in the dust when game were showing such growing success and it still ultimately cost them Mikami.

The Resident Evil games have always done much better on Sony platforms and best now on Playstation + XBox.

Their "decision" to leave Nintendo in the dust worked out fine, I'd say, though Wii U will almost certainly get some kind of port of RE6 anyway.

How much of his own money did Mikami put into RE4? He spent millions of Capcom's dollars and years of development, why shouldn't Capcom have a say?

It's not like they didn't give Nintendo a fair shot, RE0 and REMake were exclusive, Viewtiful Joe was a 1+ year plus exclusive. P.N. 03 and Killer 7 largely flopped. The GameCube as a platform was largely a dissapointment barely selling 20 million consoles by 2005 versus 100 million for PS2, what's Capcom supposed to do? RE4 to that date was probably the biggest budget project they'd take on. The GameCube still got an exclusivity window on the game and the best version. 

Lets run a business where you give me all the financing in millions of dollars and I turn around and tell you I don't feel like releasing our product in the biggest market, a decision that will freeze out 60% of your business and lets see if you're smiling about it. Somehow I doubt it.

This is business, not elementary school yard friendships. Mikami should've understood IMO, if he was embarrassed it was his own fault for making outlandish statements to the press in the first place.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
lilbroex said:
KylieDog said:
lilbroex said:
KylieDog said:

Well the GC ports are ported from PS1, the DC from PC.  But these are games from a previous gen on new gen machines, comparing graphics is silly at best.  They pretty much the same, though some people believe the DC is better, the backgrounds for RE3 certainly are, the only real argument is character and enemy models.

Aliasing *drops mic*

Also, the textures are definitely better on the GC. There character are also less blocky.

Aside from using crappy quality youtube videos, if you go to the actual youtube pages of the videos you embeded you would see the DC video was a widescreen video, while the GC was not.  Given the game is not widescreen, the widescreen recording is distorting the picture, voiding any point the video comparison has.  Aliasing?  Yeah, you'll get that real bad stretching a picture.

Here is a decent quality RE3 DC vid recorded from a non stretched image, and looks much better.

I own and have played heavily every version of every RE game ever released, in most cases owning several different regions releases of them.  You're not going to get away posting false info or dodgy videos.

Yeah, that defintely clear it up. It doens't just have aproblem with aliasing, but it lacks anisotrophic filtering as well apparently(the textures bend unnaturally like PS1 games). The texture bending doesn't occur on the GC. Its also more rounded like they added polygons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex2ar_tO75g&feature=relmfu

Oh, look what I found for RE3 on wiki "and enhanced 3D character model graphic"

It is a PS1 port, they didn't do anything to the character models.  Whoever put that on wiki is talking out their ass.  The game looks slightly better on GC than the PS1 because it running on better hardware, same as when it runs on DC.

Then why do character modals look more rounded on the GC than on the Wii. You can see clipping in the textures and polygon on the DC especially in the joints of the limbs. There is none on the GC.

KylieDog said:
Carl2291 said:
The truth is this - Reviewers dont like how a series they loved 10-15 Years ago has evolved to appeal to a new demographic.

Resident Evil 6 is a great, fun game. It has improved gameplay elements and still holds the survival part of survival horror.

Play the game with a friend on a high difficulty. The game is great. Theres plenty to do. Its not a quick 6 hour runthrough like CoD, Gears or Uncharted. Its a full package. Its fun.

The series' decline with reviews in mind has nothing to do with Nintendo. Its to do with reviewers hating the change. Its like a big babyish tantrum from people stuck in the past.

The latest episode of Gametrailers Invisible Walls discusses RE6 and its scores.  A point brought up a lot is most of the complaints about RE6 apply to most action games and rating RE6 low and not others just makes a joke of the reviews.  Is also mention the game needs be reviewed as the game that it is and not compared to old games that aren't anything like RE6 is meant to be, so many complaints of 'not Resident Evil' are giving it pre-determined negative bias.

I think, perhaps:

1. You need to read more reviews--start with GameSpots which beats the game up for being a bad game.

and...

2. It is *absolutely* ridiculous telling people they shoudln't have expectations from a game with the number SIX after it, that the game shouldn't have to at least somewhat resemble its forebears in execution.

if this was Resident Evil (period) or Resident Evil Gaiden or Resident Evil Sucks a Great Deal More Than RE4 on an Objective Level*, then fine, people probably shouldn't have these expectations. But it is bludgeoning idiocy to suggest that when Capcom is attempting to cash in on the game as a *mainline* RE title--the SIXTH in the bloody franchise--that people are foolish for judging it as one part of an over-arching series is epically nonsensical.

(I'm sure that if Halo suddenly turned into , I dunno, a platform shooter and MS named it Halo 5 that people should just pretend that, oh, it shouldn't be judged as HALO FIVE, it should be judged against...Mario Galaxy. That's the kind of 'logic' you and GameTrailers are attempting to employ to prop up a shitty game that falls miles short of even its immediate predecessor which was no great shakes in and of itself.)

*I've *played* 6 and guess what? It fails as an RE game and it fails as an action game. It's disjointed, slapped-together, bilge slopped into the gaping maws of an audience that has lost all grasp of its critical faculties. It falls so far short of the standards of the franchise as a whole that *purely as a video game amongst thousands of others* it's lousy.

Is it bannable if a Nintendo fan calls someone a Nintendo fanboy?

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

KylieDog said:
lilbroex said:
KylieDog said:

It is a PS1 port, they didn't do anything to the character models.  Whoever put that on wiki is talking out their ass.  The game looks slightly better on GC than the PS1 because it running on better hardware, same as when it runs on DC.

Then why do character modals look more rounded on the GC than on the Wii. You can see clipping in the textures and polygon on the DC especially in the joints of the limbs. There is none on the GC.

THey don't, and no version of RE2 or 3 are on Wii.

Wii was a typo. I guess tha was the only thing  you could still manage to attack now that I look at I mean. I mean, you just completely dismissed an official comfirmation that it the GC verions had improved graphics...

The only RE games I have played are RE4 and revelations, both amazing games. I got never interested in RE but only after RE4. I got to play RE5 for PC, but I didnt like it. RE6 doesnt look too interesting to me, so I'll skip it. I guess being a nintendo-only gamer pays off. We dont get RE games that often but when we do, they are amazing!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064