By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SHEEP: Resident Evil 6 and why the series should never have left Nintendo

RolStoppable said:
lilbroex said:
KylieDog said:

All versions have those costumes, the Dreamcast and PC have even more costumes.  The better character models (really just better resolution, no changes to them at all) are also in DC and PC, however backgrounds are better on PC and DC.

I'm pretty sure that nothing (graphically) on the DC is going to look better than on the GC. Where did you get this information?

Wow. Just wow.

This statement demonstrated how clueless you are. There are numerous instances where the same game looked better on a graphically weaker system.

I never said their weren't cases of a game looking better on a weaker system. That's not the argument at. Insulting someone with a strawman argument is unbecoming.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
lilbroex said:
RolStoppable said:
lilbroex said:

I'm pretty sure that nothing (graphically) on the DC is going to look better than on the GC. Where did you get this information?

I never said their weren't cases of a game looking better on a weaker system. That's not the argument at. Insulting someone with a strawman argument is unbecoming.

I bolded it for you.

Yes, I siad what you bolded me saying, DC vs GC, not any instance on any console ever in existence like what your statement indicated. That is called a strawman argument. You altered the scale and context of your reply to "create" a more favorable argument, but being it that you created it, that means that you are arguing with your own statement while implying I stated it while my actual comment goes completely unadressed.

Now you know.

Look at the sales for Resi 6 though! they are quite decent. A masterpiece like Revelations sells a lot less, despite being a better game, and on a Nintendo system :(

zippy said:
Look at the sales for Resi 6 though! they are quite decent. A masterpiece like Revelations sells a lot less, despite being a better game, and on a Nintendo system :(

Revelations is no where near anything I would call a masterpiece.

As far as better game...I don't know. They are both bad.

lilbroex said:

I must disagree with one statement in this article. RE4 was not timed exclusive. It was made solely for the Gamecube.

Capcom later went over Mikami's head to port it to the PS2 which cost them Mikami and, subsequently, the integrity of the series.

It cost them nothing. Quite the opposite infact, I'm sure the PS2 version made them a heap of money, and we all know how much Capcom love that.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
lilbroex said:

Yes, I siad what you bolded me saying, DC vs GC, not any instance on any console ever in existence like what your statement indicated. That is called a strawman argument. You altered the scale and context of your reply to "create" a more favorable argument, but being it that you created it, that means that you are arguing with your own statement while implying I stated it while my actual comment goes completely unadressed.

Now you know.

Sonic Adventure 1 runs better on the DC than on the GC where it has more framerate issues. This one example is enough to disprove your notion that "nothing (graphically) on the DC is going to look better than on the GC".

I hope that helps.

"Runs better" is a performance issue. How does that translate into better graphics? You went from one strawman argument to another.

Sonic Adventure DX has way better graphics than the original DC version.

Same with Sonic Adventure 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KykDWyRprnM

@ Lilbroex-Revelations is a critically acclaimed Resi game, that takes the genre back towards the traditional survival horror route of the earlier games. A lot of Resi fans wanted this to happen, and when Capcom duly obliged, hardly anyone bought it. Make Call of Duty Resident Evil addition on the HD twins and it sells like hot cakes. Is it a Resident evil issue or the fact its on a Nintendo platform issue??

RolStoppable said:
lilbroex said:

"Runs better" is a performance issue. How does that translate into better graphics? You went from one strawman argument to another.

Sonic Adventure DX has way better graphics than the original DC version.

Same with Sonic Adventure 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KykDWyRprnM

Why don't you post some evidence that proves that Code Veronica is superior on the GC?

I've provided more than enough evidence and proved you wrong every step of the way up until now. Why don't you post evidence that supports "anything" that you've said?

Or you could flee like Kyliedog when I called him on saying RE3DC had better graphics than RE3GC.

RolStoppable said:
lilbroex said:

I've provided more than enough evidence and proved you wrong every step of the way up until now. Why don't you post evidence that supports "anything" that you've said?

Because I think it's going to be a waste of time and it's not important enough for me. You have demonstrated your stubborness once again in this thread. You posted an article that contains very questionable statements and are now defending it to death.

I haven't defended "this article" a single time in this thread...

I'm starting to think we live in two different realities.

RolStoppable said:
lilbroex said:

(...)

I'm starting to think we live in two different realities.

We do, lilbroex. We do.

What does crow taste like?