By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has fallen the lowest? Final fantasy or Resident Evil?

Player1x3 said:

I got mine yesterday and and i only played Leon's campaign so far and it's been the best RE experience this gen! You'll only have a full clip and 30 extra ammo AT MAX, healing items are almost non existent, there are multiple occasions where you actually need to escape from the enemies or you have to shoot each zombie in a specific part to slow them down so you can run past them. It's also got a dark apocalyptic atmosphere, very similar to RE2

Yeah!  Me and my friend were playing last night and he was like "I think this is what a zombie apocalypse would be like if it were to happen".  We then finished Chapter 1 and were like "This took us 2.5 hours and there's 4 more chapters to go" and that's just Leon's campaign!

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
d21lewis said:
darkknightkryta said:
Why are people playing on RE 6 in this thread when they've most likely never played it?

It doesn't matter.  It's almost a given that RE6 will be better than FFXIII.  We're all just knocking Final Fantasy, for the most part.  I'll have RE6 tomorrow, though.  I don't give a fluck what metacritic says!

I got mine yesterday and and i only played Leon's campaign so far and it's been the best RE experience this gen! You'll only have a full clip and 30 extra ammo AT MAX, healing items are almost non existent, there are multiple occasions where you actually need to escape from the enemies or you have to shoot each zombie in a specific part to slow them down so you can run past them. It's also got a dark apocalyptic atmosphere, very similar to RE2

Oh, that sounds absolutely right. Now I want that game too.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Final Fantasy hasn't been good since FFIX, and RE4 was regarded as one of the best in the series. FFIX came out in 2000 and RE4 came out in 2005, so I'd say Final Fantasy has fallen the lowest.

Even though FFXIII sold a lot, it still sucked. 9.43 million people just didn't know any better (including myself).

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Mnementh said:
Player1x3 said:
d21lewis said:
darkknightkryta said:
Why are people playing on RE 6 in this thread when they've most likely never played it?

It doesn't matter.  It's almost a given that RE6 will be better than FFXIII.  We're all just knocking Final Fantasy, for the most part.  I'll have RE6 tomorrow, though.  I don't give a fluck what metacritic says!

Sarcasm ?

Player1x3 said:
Mnementh said:

Sarcasm ?

NO. I think limited resources worked very well for earlier RE games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
UnknownFact said:
Resident Evil.

It's like just another action game.

Seems like Dead Space is going that way too you know, judging by the 17 min. video.

Haven't played either so I might be wrong...

The Resident Evil 6 demo felt just like Dead Space to me.

I'm going with Final Fantasy. After FFX I haven't really enjoyed a Final Fantasy game. XII had potential but I don't think it was fulfilled whilst XIII was just a complete development failure. The sequel wasn't much better and I haven't even started on XIV. From such a highly regarded franchise, the recent incarnations have really been a fall from grace.

To be fair though, I haven't enjoyed a Resident Evil since the PS1 days. Yes they had tank-like controls but for the time they were also brilliantly executed and had bundles of atmosphere that seemed to be lost in the following gen with RE4 and Code Veronica.

I can understand that a lot of people liked RE4, but you could predict the downfall of the series from there (a bit like FF after X). They really started to push it towards the action side which wasn't what the RE franchise was all about. In the end, it seems they attempt to try to cover both horror and action elements but with an emphasis on action (based on 4 & 5, I won't be playing 6).

I don't understand people saying Final Fantasy sucked after IX. X had some things it was missing (world map, mostly), and XII did things a little different, but both were fantastic games with tonnes of things to do, fantastic gameplay, and awesome characters. X has one of the best stories in the games, and when it comes to sheer volume of content, I'd say XII is the best in the series.

Don'tknow why people don't like them.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Resident Evil by far- at least SE actually attempts to make their games good.
At least their motto isn't "let's make it an action game so we get more money."

Both have fallen off the face of the earth and are trying to do exactly what western developers are doing instead of doing (which is dumbing down games for graphics, cinematics) what Japanese companies do. This is what endears western gamers to the Japanese .Japanese games are about thinking, technique, gaining every inch with nothing being given, while having flash and flair to boot. This is the problem.