By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has fallen the lowest? Final fantasy or Resident Evil?

As a fan of previous games in both franchises I'll say both. 

Final Fantasy changed from a classic RPG game with great characters and stories to a more action type RPG with lame stories and annoying characters.

Resident Evil changed from a survival horror game to a freaking action game (Revelations is, to some degree, the exception).

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Let see Final Fantasy are dead after Final Fantasy X and Resident Evil is dead after Resident Evil 4.So i would say Final Fantasy especially they trying to make another Final Fantasy XIII spin off which is Final Fantasy : Lighthing Returns ~_~

REvelations shows that Capcom still have it in them to make an exceptional RE game.

I'm not gonna judge RE 6 until i have played it myself (a lot of cowboy reviewers out there these days)

Id say FF.

Games take too long to come out and the gameplay is more dated with every release.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

d21lewis said:
darkknightkryta said:
Why are people playing on RE 6 in this thread when they've most likely never played it?

It doesn't matter.  It's almost a given that RE6 will be better than FFXIII.  We're all just knocking Final Fantasy, for the most part.  I'll have RE6 tomorrow, though.  I don't give a fluck what metacritic says!

I got mine yesterday and and i only played Leon's campaign so far and it's been the best RE experience this gen! You'll only have a full clip and 30 extra ammo AT MAX, healing items are almost non existent, there are multiple occasions where you actually need to escape from the enemies or you have to shoot each zombie in a specific part to slow them down so you can run past them. It's also got a dark apocalyptic atmosphere, very similar to RE2

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
fillet said:
RE was never that highly thought of to begin with, so the height it can drop is limited.

FF has dropped to a level that I didn't even think was possible.

People criticized LO when it came out on the Xbox 360 as being too formulaic.....my god...they shouldn't have been so quick to criticize with the turd that FFXIII was....

FORMULAIC = GOOD!

...What?

I believe Resident Evil 4 has one of the highest metacritic rating of all time, better than any Final Fantasy game, let alone the previous 3 games in the series.

That's sales, I'm talking quality.

We all know RE4 was the seed of the downfall.

RE4 wasn't RE. Judged in the world of RE - it was CRAP.

The reason RE has gone down the drain is because RE4 did so darn well.

The same wankers that were praising how amazing RE4 was on the Wii are the wankers complaining about how it's gone down the shitter.

I always will stand by saying RE4 was awful....purely because it shouldn't have been called "resident evil"....More like "house if the dead".

fillet said:
brendude13 said:
fillet said:
RE was never that highly thought of to begin with, so the height it can drop is limited.

People criticized LO when it came out on the Xbox 360 as being too formulaic.....my god...they shouldn't have been so quick to criticize with the turd that FFXIII was....

FORMULAIC = GOOD!

...What?

I believe Resident Evil 4 has one of the highest metacritic rating of all time, better than any Final Fantasy game, let alone the previous 3 games in the series.

The same wankers that were praising how amazing RE4 was on the Wii are the wankers complaining about how it's gone down the shitter.

I always will stand by saying RE4 was awful....purely because it shouldn't have been called "resident evil"....More like "house if the dead".

Wouldn't say that
Resident Evil 4 surely changed the graphicstyle and other things but it still was Resident Evil - The atmosphere and everything still was there.They could and should have pursued that way instead of taking it further into a complete wrong direction.
Resident Evil 5 - The first Resident Evil that was directed at the western audience turned into a Gears of War wannabe garbage game.
Resident Evil 6 is taking it even further cause they said the Survival Horror Genre is to small for them and they aim at the Call of Duty/Halo/Gears Community and you can clearly see that.
Except the characters NOTHING even shares anything with the RE Franchise before RE5 - Its a complete new thing.
They turned Resident Evil into a shooter for mindless zombie kids of this Gen so they can get the attention of the CoD/Halo/Gears Community.

Final Fantasy changed a lot too but cause it is a J-RPG they couldn't turn it into the same mess.
But they also said they want the attention of those communities and are willing to ignore the community that made them so big cause obviously 25 Million CoD Kids that aren't interested in anything else than CoD are more appealing for SquareEnix than ~ 10 Million true fans.

Final Fantasy, hands down...

LET'S GO KNICKS

fillet said:
brendude13 said:
fillet said:

FORMULAIC = GOOD!

...What?

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Anyway, RE4 is considered by many fans, quite possibly the majority, to be the best game in the series. There were a few hardcore fans that didn't like the ramped up action in RE4 but they weren't very common. Resident Evil 4 still did a good job of creating the same atmosphere as the previous 3 games, and although it was hard to get go of the old tank controls, I couldn't think of a better way to do it than Resident Evil 4. As for the previous 3 Resident Evil games, they're considered to be some of the best games on PS1. From the start, right up until RE5, Resident Evil has always been highly thought of.

What the hell does RE4 on the Wii have to do with people complaining about the newer games, and why are they wankers?

Resident Evil.

It's like just another action game.

Seems like Dead Space is going that way too you know, judging by the 17 min. video.

Haven't played either so I might be wrong...