By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has fallen the lowest? Final fantasy or Resident Evil?

Both haven't quite hit rock bottom yet. But I'd say FF is falling faster.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Can't wait until Versus XIII disappoints. Hopefully people will stop hyping shit.

and I say neither, because I liked RE5 more then 4.

Final Fantasy. Ill use facts here, with sales... And add in my own opinion on quality.

Its dropped in quality way too much. It peaked quality-wise at 9 and sales-wise the peak was 7. Its been downhill really, since the PS generation. XIII sold alright, really. The sheer lack of quality in the game though showed, with horrid sales of XIII-2.

Res Evil, on the other hand. Quality-wise it peaked with 4. Sales-wise, so far its peaked at 5 (without DD numbers and on less platforms). RE5 also has had FANTASTIC legs. Really. Theres a reason why it sold do well, for so long.

In short - FF has gone to shit and its shown in sales. RE has annoyed the hardcore fans, but found greater success from doing so.

AceRandum said:

you all are haters FF will always be the best rpg series forever, and Resident Evil is still good, RE6 is probally going to be the best one so far, and im a big fan of both series, RE4 is my favorite RE game, and FFX is my favorite final fantasy game. Neither series is going down, cause the sales are always good.

meh..still like them both, but i'd go with Resident Evil, it has gone from what was a survival horror, to somewhat of an TPS action-adventure, atleast FF is still an RPG...

Around the Network

Final Fantasy hands down

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

that's easy resident evil! i loved FF13 the first one but i didn't play the sequels.

re4 was legendary! re5 was really good but it was focused more on action instead of horror! re6 is pure crap!

It's a very close call, but Revelations saved the franchise from hitting rock bottom imho so for me Final Fantasy has fallen lower. Last decent FF game was X-2 for me.

I'm still excited for Bravely Default though.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

This is really hard to answer because of the VASTLY different quality trajectories the two series' have taken. Final Fantasy has hovered around high 80's/low 90's for most of its career, but no final fantasy game hit the peak that is Resident Evil 4, one of the highest ranked games of all time. However, Final Fantasy XIII and Resident Evil 5 both have mid 80's scores, which isn't bad really.

We all know I personally loathe Final Fantasy XIII with a fiery passion, but its metacritic and gamerankings scores aren't all that bad; lower than its predecessors, sure, but not horrible. it was a horrible game, but it still got pretty good reviews.

Resident Evil had a few games, peaked with 4 and has been on a decline ever since, score-wise. Based on early reviews, Resident Evil 6 is slightly worse than Final Fantasy XIII-2, but they're hovering around the same high-70 score. Of course, Resident Evil 6 is a main entry in the series and XIII-2 was a spinoff.

Technically, objectively, Resident evil has fallen farther, even though I hate FFXIII more than I hate Resident Evil 5 (which I quite liked in spite of its shortcomings).

I also think the XIII saga is just a glitch, since X and XII are two of my faves. I mean, they both had their issues, but SO many qualities to make up for them. XII in particular had so much to do, and actually had a true sense of exploration and adventure, X had a great story and some of the best written characters in the series, even both lacked world maps and true open exploration.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Currently enjoying RE:6 rather a lot, has to be the FF series for me.