By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has fallen the lowest? Final fantasy or Resident Evil?

Final Fantasy for sure

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Resident Evil has never been the best series. Remember the original game? Try playing it today. The controls are garbage compared to what is acceptable today. Final Fantasy has a lot to prove each and every game. When they mess up it is usually very bad. So I will go with Final Fantasy.

The first 3 final fantasy's aren't really masterpieces either or good jrpgs now. compared to anything now or dragon quest at the time.

Both have fallen similarly... Imo. I love both a lot still. Haven't played 6. No resident evil is as bad as original ff14.

But I think most older series have fallen... There's not one I think that's gotten better.

you all are haters FF will always be the best rpg series forever, and Resident Evil is still good, RE6 is probally going to be the best one so far, and im a big fan of both series, RE4 is my favorite RE game, and FFX is my favorite final fantasy game. Neither series is going down, cause the sales are always good.

AceRandum said:
you all are haters FF will always be the best rpg series forever, and Resident Evil is still good, RE6 is probally going to be the best one so far, and im a big fan of both series, RE4 is my favorite RE game, and FFX is my favorite final fantasy game. Neither series is going down, cause the sales are always good.

Why call us haters?  I'm a lover!  I WANT to love Final Fantasy.  There hasn't been a franchise to fill the Final Fantasy void for me.   There's been a hole in my soul that I've tried to fill with beer, slutty women, WRGP's. and Lost Odyssey.  Nothing eases the pain.  Final Fantasy just doesn't do it anymore.

In my opinion, of course.

Why are people playing on RE 6 in this thread when they've most likely never played it?

Around the Network

Haters gon' hate, but I'd have to say FF.

Referring to this gen:

Though I did like XIII, I am not really a fan of XIII-2. I won't be purchasing the next XIII-3.

No complaints for RE. I'm not sure why people really hate RE5 -- I thought it was great. RE6 is very jumpy and dark, love it.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

darkknightkryta said:
Why are people playing on RE 6 in this thread when they've most likely never played it?

Mine came in two days early from Capcom..... looks like the postal service messed that one up ;)  It's quite good.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

darkknightkryta said:

It doesn't matter.  It's almost a given that RE6 will be better than FFXIII.  We're all just knocking Final Fantasy, for the most part.  I'll have RE6 tomorrow, though.  I don't give a fluck what metacritic says!

I personally feel like final fantasy has taken the biggest fall, after playing Final Fantasy 13 I nearly gave up hope for that franchise. But I do have a bit of hope left, all of it is in Final Fantasy Verses 13, if it ever comes out and sucks. I give completely on FF, but Resident Evil is still alright to me.

Personaly, I think the FF games these days are ''better'' than today's RE games. BUT I still think that FF is the one who fell the most because 1) What FF used to be was better than what RE used to be. and 2) I think RE can turn it around and be good again, all Capcom needs is to go back to its survival roots like they did in Revelation (but I think capcom is to dumb to do that tho) Meanwhile for FF, Square Enix clearly have no clue how to do a good FF game anymore, it's not a question of going back to its roots, its a question of talent, they just cant.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)