By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW -- 22 September, 2012

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:

Say what? 

A multiplat moderately hyped FPS you mean.

a massively hyped FPS would be COD and Halo. We know what will happen those weeks.

But PS3 will have a big week next week, new design plus Fifa, should be pretty huge, then we head into holiday mode and 360 will lead the way. Can't see any other outcome given the software.

Yeah, fair enough. I can agree with that.

360 should lead on Halo/CoD Weeks. Special Edition consoles sure do boost like crazy. One of the stupidest things Sony have done the last few Years with PS3, is not getting those limited editions outside of JP.

Outside of those Weeks and BF Week, really depends on how people take to the Slim. SW-wise, theres no competition which is the strongest this Year.

Around the Network
radishhead said:
kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:
Lol, Vita. The advertising does nothing!

But seriously. New game + advertising up, sales down.

I give up!

True enough. Vita advertising in the UK has been everywhere on TV the last couple of weeks. Zero effect. 

I'll be honest, I haven't actually seen a Vita TV ad since it came out - which channels do they normally air on?

Ps vita is probably the most advertised product in the UK right now. There's like 2 vita ads in every ad break

kumagawa said:
Not sure why the 360 boost is a surprise FPS games all ways sell better on the 360 compare UK numbers for instance.

FPS game
Bordalands 2 - 360 - 139,498
Bordalands 2 - PS3 - 43,614

Soccer game
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - 360 - 11,168
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - PS3 - 22,698

Racing game
F1 2012 - 360 - 31,415
F1 2012 - PS3 - 26,364

The sales show that 360 owners are far more interested in the FPS genre in comparison to other genres than PS3 owners.

not every kind of fps. as example cod and battlefield aren't so much bigger for 360. yes they are bigger because 360 has a bigger userbase usa+europe but not much.

i believe 360 fans love futuristic shooters. if it is gears, halo, borderlands or whatever. but not sure if there are also examples for futuristic shooters not selling much more on 360.

man-bear-pig said:
radishhead said:
kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:
Lol, Vita. The advertising does nothing!

But seriously. New game + advertising up, sales down.

I give up!

True enough. Vita advertising in the UK has been everywhere on TV the last couple of weeks. Zero effect. 

I'll be honest, I haven't actually seen a Vita TV ad since it came out - which channels do they normally air on?

Ps vita is probably the most advertised product in the UK right now. There's like 2 vita ads in every ad break

Really? xD I clearly need to watch more TV

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Good to see the 360 track a decent amount over 100k. Can't wait to see what Halo and Call of Duty will do for Hardware numbers. Next week we got RE6 coming out i wonder if that will boost PS3 or 360 sales.

Expect a huge boost in Japan for PS3, a big boost in Europe and a minor/average boost in USA. PS3 will get the bigger boost next week by far.

€dit: ähh i made a mistake

now corrected:

first week usa

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39887/USA/

japan

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39880/Japan/

europe

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39887/Europe/

for resi 5 it did not really boost hardware sales in europe (ps3 lost sales that week which i can't really believe) and in usa both consoles did profit a little bit.

but i think it will be better for ps3 this time in europe, that was still the time when 360 sold better in europe.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
cool sales

Why?

I'm glad Borderlands 2 is doing well, it's probably one of the best games of the gen, if not the best. Also good to see X360 get a hardware boost. Next week will be interesting...

pezus said:

Yup, but now there's Resi6 (Japan), Fifa (Europe) and the new model for PS3. Can't wait to see the boost.

ahh ok yes, i thought it's only about resi. fifa will boost ps3 nice as bundle with the new console, i see advertisement everywhere^^

man-bear-pig said:
Turkish said:
cool sales

Why?

Dey be cool cuzzz.

radishhead said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
radishhead said:
I guess LBP Vita hasn't come out in USA yet, since it made it onto the UK chart and I thought USA was more into the Vita than us

It had come out, but this chart is too old, we'll have to wait till next week. Releases on the 25th in NA. It has 33K pre-orders so it should do pretty well in the US, possibly give it a small HW boost.

Ah, kk - those numbers sound pretty promising

You do know that LBP Vita is freely available in all stores now in the UK and US. Street date was broken by a few and Sony officially gave go ahead to all other stores to release early.