By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW -- 22 September, 2012

Tagged games:

Pretty decent numbers for the 360 and PS3, though considering both have long since succeeded, I don't pay as much attention to them these days. Good on both of them, keep on rolling, etc, etc.

3DS seems to be trucking along quite well, like usual.

Vita is a little painful, but not much more was to be expected right now. A question to those in the know: when will the first of the Vita bundles start coming in? November?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
retroking1981 said:
mitlar37 said:
360 should pass the Wii in the US and UK this year - maybe.

I've been thinking this for a while...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147127&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147126&page=1#

I still think this will happen.  Which is pretty crazy.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127307&page=

Hmm you should update see how much each has gained, otherwise to me it looks like Xbox 360 has the same chance in US, and the PS3 has the same chance in europe as Japan.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Wow, an old console like XB360 still has a lot of life inside, look at what Borderlands 2 did.
PS3 decent, considering that is the week immediately before Super Slim launch.
Vita ouch! But LBPV launch was after the week ending 22 September, let's whait and see what it will do to sales.
Wii and PSP on the sunset boulevard, but they should still be able to have their last good Xmas. DS instead won't, the price difference with 3DS is too small to support the older declining portable, unless they do crazy offers for BF and Xmas.

LBPV has been available for about 10 days or so now on a mass scale.

VIta is doing as bad as it possibly could be, it's advertised like crazy in the UK. Massive amounts of money are being spent on TV ads.

PS3 is exactly the same age as the Xbox 360 so don't be so condecending and shares the same games except for exclusives - as if you didn't know.

Further nonsense - The super slim is seen as a downgrade by the public so sales will not be down because of it - Furthermore very few people except on gaming forums even knew the PS3 superslim was real.

Dissapointing that I need to clean up some facts on the post of a long time member like yourself who I believe knew otherwise on all points.

its not like Vita will be up anytime soon...

its time to admit. Vita is a major flop and Sony should kill it before they lose tons of money on it.

I don't know which is more pathetic, the Vita or the Wii. Probably the Vita.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Do you never read responses to you? Multiple people have pointed out that VGChartz didn't track LBP Vita in NA, and thus not any possible boost either.

How could they not record a hardware boost? Do they know which sales were due to early LBP and subtract them from this week?

RolStoppable said:
Soleron said:
pezus said:

Do you never read responses to you? Multiple people have pointed out that VGChartz didn't track LBP Vita in NA, and thus not any possible boost either.

How could they not record a hardware boost? Do they know which sales were due to early LBP and subtract them from this week?

Yup, I think they substracted 500 units from the total and will add them next week.

The rare double burn, seen here in its natural habitat.

Salnax said:
I don't know which is more pathetic, the Vita or the Wii. Probably the Vita.

Not only is the Wii's successor coming out in two months, but it's as old as the PS3 and has already sold 96+ million units. The fact that it's still selling this much should be considered amazing.

These numbers just don't seem right. Especially on the Vita front. LittleBigPlanet isn't represented at all in the USA market and yet the street date was removed by Sony and stores were allowed to sell the game a week ahead of schedule.

I know at the store I work at we got 6 copies and sold through 4 of them, plus 4 Vita's (which we hardly move Vita hardware, but LBP sold to the 4 new buyers). We've since got more copies in.

I think right now we're sitting at 3 copies as of today and overall I believe I've seen in the reports we've sold 14. Vita hardware hasn't moved much, I think from the initial release of LBP there have been 5 Vita's sold. So obviously not a big system seller, but the game is moving nicely. Considering my market of gamers/families that enter my store and the competition that surrounds my store.

pezus said:

They don't directly track the overall sales, they estimate based on a small sample. And if a new release is not included in the software sales, you can bet they didn't estimate the hardware sales as if the game released.