By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW -- 22 September, 2012

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
crissindahouse said:

i  still think cod but who knows.

btw in europe, black ops 2 already gets advertisement in the euroleague wtf?

The first time Black Ops 2 got advertised in Europe was during the half time break of the final of Euro 2012. They ran a commercial for a game that wouldn't release until four months later.

ahh yeah i remember that i saw one at euro 2012 but i believe it was even some games earlier. that was a very long ad and had to cost some money lol

Around the Network

Oh lord, wii has only 41.7% marketshare. I remember times when wiitards were predicting 200 million and 85% marketshare. What happened to those guys?

Soleron said:
pezus said:

Do you never read responses to you? Multiple people have pointed out that VGChartz didn't track LBP Vita in NA, and thus not any possible boost either.

How could they not record a hardware boost? Do they know which sales were due to early LBP and subtract them from this week?

Exactly.

With that comment Pezus, I have to call your sanity into question on this.

runqvist said:
Oh lord, wii has only 41.7% marketshare. I remember times when wiitards were predicting 200 million and 85% marketshare. What happened to those guys?

if you can show me one post on the whole internet predicting 200 million for wii and 85% marketshare (so 35 million for 360+ps3) you will get an virtual lolly from me.

crissindahouse said:
runqvist said:

if you can show me one post on the whole internet predicting 200 million for wii and 85% marketshare (so 35 million for 360+ps3) you will get an virtual lolly from me.

I was a user at these forums in 2007 or so, there were many wiitards saying stuff like that. I'll google something for you in a while.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Soleron said:
pezus said:
Soleron said:
pezus said:

They don't directly track the overall sales, they estimate based on a small sample. And if a new release is not included in the software sales, you can bet they didn't estimate the hardware sales as if the game released.

wat

What, does that surprise you or don't you understand?

The hardware sample is statistically representative of national hardware sales, that's the whole point. If LBP being early caused more Vitas to be sold nationally, it would show up in the sample. Not collecting data doesn't cause it to not exist.

The wat is me trying to imagine how you could have arrived at your conclusions.

No, LBP wasn't released everywhere early. That is how I came to my conclusion.

No it wasn't released "everywhere" early in the literal sense. But in the practical sense and in the UK at least 3 towns it has been available for well over 10 days. The same goes for the US from what people are saying so your point is invalid.

Further, it is moot regardless of being valid or not because sales are not calculated in the downright bizarre way you think they are. If you stand by such a point it is on your to show that is the case.

I'm sure not everyone knew it was available but come on now, Sony have even made an official statement on the matter and given the green light for the early sales and this was a few days ago. It's been available if you really wanted it for more than 2 weeks...

Oh well I guess we'll see next week. Where undoubtedly there will be another excuse for the PSV selling circa 30K.

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:
runqvist said:

That guy with the egg avatar

200 million AND 85% marketshare? i mean, i remember people who said wii could sell 200 million but at the same time there was someone who believed 360 and ps3 to sell only 35 million together?

crissindahouse said:
runqvist said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=25067&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=168249

Obviously there was a guy "john lucas" who predicted over 200m for wii according to this post. I could not find the prediction itself.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4023181

runqvist said:
crissindahouse said:
runqvist said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=25067&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=168249

Obviously there was a guy "john lucas" who predicted over 200m for wii according to this post. I could not find the prediction itself.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4023181

ahh ok, i know there were people on this planet who predicted 200m+ but i thought you meant someone predicting that and 85% marketshare at the same time which would be 35 million for ps3+360^^ (it would be even more funny with lower wii sales )

and the 70-85% prediction was from rol, not sure if that was a serious prediction because of rol^^

3DS pre-price cut: 12,739 19,344 3,928 40,585
PSV now: 9,204 13,181 8,901 33,311