By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW -- 22 September, 2012

Tagged games:

Wii sales are weak because the console was made for casuals... Ps2 was a mix bag for everyone with awesome games... Plus didnt had competiton like we have now with Xbox becoming a monster is the West and Ps3 selling pretty well almost everywhere.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Soleron said:
pezus said:

They don't directly track the overall sales, they estimate based on a small sample. And if a new release is not included in the software sales, you can bet they didn't estimate the hardware sales as if the game released.

wat

What, does that surprise you or don't you understand?

The hardware sample is statistically representative of national hardware sales, that's the whole point. If LBP being early caused more Vitas to be sold nationally, it would show up in the sample. Not collecting data doesn't cause it to not exist.

The wat is me trying to imagine how you could have arrived at your conclusions.

the2real4mafol said:
Barozi said:
the2real4mafol said:
kowenicki said:
the2real4mafol said:
How did xbox boost up like that? Only borderlands 2 came out, and that was a multiplatform game

watch what happens to the 360 when COD, another mutiplat comes out and for the PS3 when FIFA another multiplat game comes out (admittedly skewed by the new slim).

Fair enough with black ops 2 (although it will shift both systems off the shelves probably) but halo 4 won't have the same effect on hardware, as it comes out at roughly same time. Halo 4 should of come out now really. 

Both games have specific 360 SKUs though.

Don't you think Xbox would do even better if the 2 games, had a few weeks between them, rather than a couple of days?

Anyway, the Halo 4 bundle looks sweet

why? people who want to buy a 360 for bo2 will do it even with halo 4 release a week before and the same with halo 4. who won't buy a 360 because both games release close behind each other who would buy it with a 2 months gap? i think both games will take sales from each other but i don't believe it will hurt console sales.

btw reach boosted the 360 ~150k in the first two weeks after release, i think halo 4 can maybe do the same

fillet said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Wow, an old console like XB360 still has a lot of life inside, look at what Borderlands 2 did.
PS3 decent, considering that is the week immediately before Super Slim launch.
Vita ouch! But LBPV launch was after the week ending 22 September, let's whait and see what it will do to sales.
Wii and PSP on the sunset boulevard, but they should still be able to have their last good Xmas. DS instead won't, the price difference with 3DS is too small to support the older declining portable, unless they do crazy offers for BF and Xmas.

1. LBPV has been available for about 10 days or so now on a mass scale.

2. VIta is doing as bad as it possibly could be, it's advertised like crazy in the UK. Massive amounts of money are being spent on TV ads.

3. PS3 is exactly the same age as the Xbox 360 so don't be so condecending and shares the same games except for exclusives - as if you didn't know.

4. Further nonsense - The super slim is seen as a downgrade by the public so sales will not be down because of it - Furthermore very few people except on gaming forums even knew the PS3 superslim was real.

Dissapointing that I need to clean up some facts on the post of a long time member like yourself who I believe knew otherwise on all points.

1. Ooops! I misread North America LBPV release as WW. Anyway it should do more good than bad there, because as long as it's so expensive and they don't bundle at least a memory card, only big SW launches can support Vita sales outside of the Xmas season.

2. Yes, as I wrote, until it's so expensive, without even the essential bundled for its price, only SW launches can support its sales.

3. PS3 is one year younger than XB360.

4. This argument is quite weak, you are mixing street and official prices. PS3 Slim is offered at the current price with a higher official suggested price, that starts from $249 or 249€. The new Super Slim starts from 229€ for the 12GB in EU, while elsewhere the current Super Slim entry level model is bundled with a game and has a bigger hard disk, so it isn't directly comparable, but surely offers additional value that is worth more than the $20 official price increase. Now, regarding the EU 12GB, it's obvious that after the first weeks, when it will be sellable at full price for the novelty value, street price should drop. Elsewhere, once the supplies of the older entry level model will run out, obviously Sony will have to do something, maybe introduce a new entry level model without bundled games.

Disappointing that to correct me on one wrong point and to add another that isn't as definitive as you pretend, you made so many mistakes. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

NobleTeam360 said:
Good to see the 360 track a decent amount over 100k. Can't wait to see what Halo and Call of Duty will do for Hardware numbers. Next week we got RE6 coming out i wonder if that will boost PS3 or 360 sales.

Is Halo4 and COD releasing in the same week? If so.. then BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yay!!!

Around the Network

Another tough week for the vita, how come it's very close between PS3 and 360 this week?

pezus said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Good to see the 360 track a decent amount over 100k. Can't wait to see what Halo and Call of Duty will do for Hardware numbers. Next week we got RE6 coming out i wonder if that will boost PS3 or 360 sales.

Is Halo4 and COD releasing in the same week? If so.. then BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No, but very close indeed.

It will be interesting to compare the sales of the two, since Halo usually doesn't release so close to the holidays so the comparisons to CoD will be more fair.

cod is much bigger in europe so halo won't have a chance to compete

pezus said:

No, LBP wasn't released everywhere early. That is how I came to my conclusion.

Ah ok.

pezus said:

America only then

i  still think cod but who knows.

btw in europe, black ops 2 already gets advertisement in the euroleague wtf?

pezus said:

Dafuq, what about Fifa13?

fifa has tv advertisement in the football games (before, after and in the half time). at least in germany.