By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW -- 22 September, 2012

Tagged games:

Amazon started selling LBP on the 19th here in the US. It's not even in the top 100 now.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Around the Network

Lol, Vita. The advertising does nothing!

But seriously. New game + advertising up, sales down.

I give up!

Andrespetmonkey said:
radishhead said:
I guess LBP Vita hasn't come out in USA yet, since it made it onto the UK chart and I thought USA was more into the Vita than us

It had come out, but this chart is too old, we'll have to wait till next week. Releases on the 25th in NA. It has 33K pre-orders so it should do pretty well in the US, possibly give it a small HW boost.

The street date was broken in the US.  People have been getting their copies as early as 14th of September in some areas:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/14/littlebigplanet-vitas-street-date-broken

Which makes me wonder how on earth VGChartz is going to track this game.  Count all those sales in next week's chart?  I hope they've been keeping track!

I don't know which is the more dominant factor, the XBOX 360 (7 Year old console) doing really well in US and UK, or the others doing really meh in those countries.

I mean we have XBOX 360 > 3DS in both despite 3DS having 3DS XL and NSMB2. We could have X360 approaching Wii lifetime sales by the end of this year or sometime next year if things continue the way they are. Then we have it receiving a boost while the PS3 doesn't with the launch of Borderlands 2.

Then we have software. Besides Borderlands 2 (Impressive Debut), US software sales are overall terrible. Only 12 titles (including 3 versions Borderlands 2) are above 10k in the US. Of those 12, 2 are PC games. This pales in comparison to a few years ago when there were normally 20 to 30 10k+ games even when PC games weren't tracked (I think). The new gen needs to come quickly!

Also, MK Wii > MK 7! o_O

kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:
Lol, Vita. The advertising does nothing!

But seriously. New game + advertising up, sales down.

I give up!

True enough. Vita advertising in the UK has been everywhere on TV the last couple of weeks. Zero effect. 

I'll be honest, I haven't actually seen a Vita TV ad since it came out - which channels do they normally air on?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:

I'll be honest, I haven't actually seen a Vita TV ad since it came out - which channels do they normally air on?

Television channels.  You know, the ones that show TV shows?

(But seriously, pretty much any channel on Freeview.  Viva, E4, 5* etc. is where I've been seeing them)

Not that it's applicable to these numbers, but here in Australia I see Vita ads at city bus stops and such all the time.

Not sure why the 360 boost is a surprise FPS games all ways sell better on the 360 compare UK numbers for instance.

FPS game
Bordalands 2 - 360 - 139,498
Bordalands 2 - PS3 - 43,614

Soccer game
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - 360 - 11,168
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - PS3 - 22,698

Racing game
F1 2012 - 360 - 31,415
F1 2012 - PS3 - 26,364

The sales show that 360 owners are far more interested in the FPS genre in comparison to other genres than PS3 owners.

Despite a new, massively hyped FPS... The PS3 holds the lead.

Cant wait to see numbers post-Slim/FIFA.

mitlar37 said:
360 should pass the Wii in the US and UK this year - maybe.

Will be very very very Close.

360 is a monster, will be close to 80M shipments once this year is over!

the SW Line up is insane with Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Assassins 3, Resident Evil 6, Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon, Medal of Honor, NFS, Hitman... Damn its going to be a great holiday!