By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - With WiiU around the corner,What are your fondest moments of the Wii.

DieAppleDie said:
Games

Wiisports resort
Mario kart Wii
NSMBWii
Excitetruck
Excitebots
SMG
SMG 2
Kirbys Epic yarn
Epic Mickey
DKCR
Zelda TP
Zelda SS
Endless ocean
Metroid Prime Corruption
Metroid Prime trilogy
Metroid other M
Arc rise fantasia
Xelnoblade
The last story
Pandoras tower
Red steel 2
Silent hill: SS
FFCC: The crystal bearers
FF Chocobo dungeon
The Conduit
Fatal frame 4
Fatal frame 2
Ju-on the grudge
Madworld
NMH 2
Little kings story
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
PES 2012
Dead space EX
RE Umbrella chronicles
RE DC
Fragile
Tales of Symphonia 2
DQ Swords
Fire emblem
Batallion wars 2
Deadly creatures
Cursed mountain

and many more....

What the heck is Ju-On The Grudge?

Around the Network

Nov 2006
Actualy its sort of a bad one but I remember it so. GameStop was out of preorders for the Wii so my last chance was at F.Y.E. I noticed they didn't called me to pick it up, so I went there myself to find out. I discovered that they didn't even receive any Wiis. They didn't know when either so i canceled my order and left. Me and my brother tried to look for one after that but no luck. Later in the night he finaly one. We played for hours afterwards.

Throught this year I aqquired titles
Twilight Princess
The Godfather Blackhand Edition
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime
Wii play

Had a blast with all these games.

Picked up my reserved copy of SSBB. A game I will never forget.

News Super Mario Bros. Wii. Reminds me not to get too pissed when somone who has never played keeps on going to the right; not giving you time to catch up. lol
Metroid Prime Trilogy One of the best compilations ever.
Muramasa: The Demon Blade Beautiful graphics.

It's kinda hard to talk about this year as it was the time of my mother's (unknown then) terminal illness. But it would have been Donkey Kong Country Returns. Finaly the series is back!

Its hard to talk about this year too (as stated above) But The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. 2 Zelda games in one console's life span is kinda rare now.

1. Christmas day six year ago and opening a Wii with the Zelda I was waiting for like 2 years.
2. Counting every day left to finally go for my Skyward Sword pre-order, the line, the excitement, the road to home and finally pulling into my Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

1. Waiting for SSBB. The website was the best possible way to hype up the game. It was my first time at a midnight launch as well.

2. Super Mario Galaxy- A masterpiece

3. Playing Fragile Dreams alone in my room at night. A hauntingly beautiful experience.

4. Hours upon hours of Wii Sports with friends at launch.

5. Donkey Kong Country Returns - The best 2D platformer I've played since Super Mario World. Incredible level design and great difficulty curve.

Probably a few other I'm forgetting...

1- Killing Alatreon on Monster Hunter Tri (So satisfying!)

2- Beating Zelda Twilight Princess for the first time

3- Drunk parties playing wii sport and Wario Ware

4- Playing a Fire Emblem game for the first time (which became one of my favorite franchises)

5- Metroid Prime 3

6- Being able to play all my GC games (this is mostly because my GC broke 1 year before the Wii launch)

7- SSBB

8- No more Heroes

9- All the Virtual Console games

10- Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

- Playing Wii Sports with and against against family and friends. Some truly fond memories there.

- Playing through Twilight Princess. Excellent game which brought back some of the things that made Ocarina of Time as epic as it was, and at the same time dared to put entirely new and surprising stuff in there (such as that spinning thingy and simply being a Freakin' Wolf!).

- Beating both Super Mario Galaxy games. Two games containing perfect platforming gameplay and overall level design in my opinion.

- Playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl on local multiplayer (partially due to the online mode being embarassingly poor). Lots of great moments and memories from this title. Excellent replayability, and what a massive Story mode!

- And now to my absolute favorite moments. Namely: Replaying the awesome Gamecube library. I sincerely wish that I had time to write down and share in detail about how much I enjoyed this particular side of the Wii. But yeah, time is short and YOLO and shit.

My favorite memories actually didn't come from any of the more critically acclaimed games. It was with Wii Sports. It was the bonding and fun I had with friends/family that made the entire experience unlike anything else.

- Playing Just Dance with my girlfriend

RolStoppable said:
Smeags said:

Who's your favorite character?

I <3 Ilyana

Nephenee is awesome as well.

Mia is also pretty rockin'. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? )

The pattern is that you like awful characters with the exception of Mia.

Erm.. Aside from Ike, Nephenee is easily one of the most OP characters in both Path of radiance and Radiant Dawn. She's godly. That's coming from both myself and my friends, most of whom are huge Fire Emblem fans. I know you yourself are very knowledgable about Fire Emblem though, so what is it you don't like about her?

Smeags said:

Who's your favorite character?

I <3 Ilyana

Nephenee is awesome as well.

Mia is also pretty rockin'. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? )

What about Jill? She's extremely awesome imo and I also like Heather a lot!

Nintendo and PC gamer