By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - With WiiU around the corner,What are your fondest moments of the Wii.

First time playing it and I was like =O
Spending hundreds of hours on Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Monster Hunter Tri

Around the Network

Wii memories...
Playing Wii Sports with family...
Twilight Princess...
The music you hear when Hyrule is covered in twilight is fantastic...
I love Twilight Princess way more than Skyward Sword...
Love both Super Mario Galaxy games...
They're incredible...
Playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii with friends was the most fun I've had in years...
Donkey Kong Country Returns is freaking hard and I love it...
I will play the Metroid Prime Trilogy for years to come...
Apparently I'm to only person in the world who loved Epic Mickey...
But nothing topped Xenoblade...
I also loved being able to revisit games through the Virtual Console and playing games I missed...
Chrono Trigger...
Secret of Mana...
Final Fantasy VI...
Super Mario RPG...
Paper Mario...
The original Donkey Kong Country games...
And then there's the Art style WiiWare games...
What a great console...

Have a nice day...

1.) Pre-Ordering one of the last Wii's in stock in my entire county!
2.) Bringing the Wii to my Grandma and Grandpa's house... it was godly!
3.) Paying my OWN money on a console for the first time.
4.) All the great Holiday Family Party Memories.
5.) Having my parents actually play a Video Game with me.

Aww... I have such an innocent mind. xD

Virtual console, Brawl, Twilight Princess, DKCR, Kirby's Return to Dream land, and the first Galaxy. Wii Remote ended up making Mario worse and being uncomfortable for my wrist, so the only way I could comfortably play TP or Galaxy was with a pillow under my wrist. Other than lack of HD and the Remote being forced in games that would have benefited from dual analog, no complaints from me. Definitely worth the $600 or $700 I've spent on it and it's games over the last six years.

Damn I miss the old days. The Wii was a blast for me and my family. Wii Sports got really intense games between me and my cousin vs. my brother and my cousin's brother. I loved Metroid 3 and its beauty. Godfather, Scarface, and Bully were a blast to play. I hope Bully 2 comes to WiiU. OMG I spent so many hours on Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Getting Mario Kart Wii and Smash Bros. day one almost made me cry. CoD WaW was the most fun shooting game I ever had. MadWorld was fun for the first week, Conduit was very fun for months until I got Black Ops on Wii. Those are just a few of the games I enjoyed alot on the Wii.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
1.) Pre-Ordering one of the last Wii's in stock in my entire county!
2.) Bringing the Wii to my Grandma and Grandpa's house... it was godly!
3.) Paying my OWN money on a console for the first time.
4.) All the great Holiday Family Party Memories.
5.) Having my parents actually play a Video Game with me.

Aww... I have such an innocent mind. xD

Me too! Haha it is a cool feeling.  With GameCube I was in eighth grade, so it was still a matter of asking my parents for it for Christmas.

Games

Wiisports resort
Mario kart Wii
NSMBWii
Excitetruck
Excitebots
SMG
SMG 2
Kirbys Epic yarn
Epic Mickey
DKCR
Zelda TP
Zelda SS
Endless ocean
Metroid Prime Corruption
Metroid Prime trilogy
Metroid other M
Arc rise fantasia
Xelnoblade
The last story
Pandoras tower
Red steel 2
Silent hill: SS
FFCC: The crystal bearers
FF Chocobo dungeon
The Conduit
Fatal frame 4
Fatal frame 2
Ju-on the grudge
Madworld
NMH 2
Little kings story
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
PES 2012
Dead space EX
RE Umbrella chronicles
RE DC
Fragile
Tales of Symphonia 2
DQ Swords
Fire emblem
Batallion wars 2
Deadly creatures
Cursed mountain

and many more....

1) Beating Skyward Sword
2) Playing SSBB on Day 1
3) Playing Call of Duty: World at War (campaign and online)

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Hype for Smash bros was awesome. Also, the first time i ever played online and the first time I ever downloaded a game. Also, DKCR and Fire Emblem alongside Paper Mario. I loved getting to experience older games too.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Xenoblade, the greatest game Nintendo has made since Metroid Prime. Also possibly the best Nintendo RPG, but the Mother series is nigh impossible to top.

Also, Prime 3 was excellent. The controls took some getting used to, but the settings and lore were more awesome than I could've expected. A strong sci-fi narrative about reliance on technology (as I interpreted it), and not in your face like most other games.

Skyward Sword will definitely stick with me. There isn't anything else quite like it... which can be either good or bad. Really bad for purists especially. The focus on puzzles and deeper combat scratched my favorite itch - smart level design. And those Timeshift Stones... I feel as if Nintendo could've made several smaller games based on some of Skyward Sword's ideas. Even so, I would like to see something a little more traditional for the Wii U or 3DS Zelda, if only to hear less whining and more appreciation for the outstanding work Nintendo has done on the series, constantly taking it into bold new gameplay territory.

Edit: Crap, I forgot DKCR! Beating that game felt so insanely rewarding, and the level design is absolutely peerless. Mario can't top it. Rayman is getting close, perhaps.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero