By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is NOT Buying WiiU? And Why?

Third party support is inadequate. Games like Mass Effect have been on other consoles for months, AC3 has been stated to run better on other platforms and Bayonetta 2 doesn't interest me. Meanwhile games like DmC, Metal Gear Rising, God of War Ascension, Dishonored, Resident Evil 6, and Beyond Two Souls aren't going to be on Wii U. That leaves Nintendo's first party games to pick up the slack. Games like New Super Mario Bros U and Pikmin 3. Their graphics range from good to abysmal, the gameplay is the same which is fine if your game is continuing a story. But that's the thing NINTENDO GAMES HAVE NO PLOT. I hope Nintendo finally goes bankrupt, it's a god dang fossil.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network

not going to buy one soon. doesn't have that it factor yet for me. Not enough games that i'm interested in and no game that i HAVE to have right now. I just got a ps3 last xmas. Playing fallout 3 right now, and after that i have xenoblade, the last story, ICO, prince of persia (ps3), ghostbusters, dead space 1, and dead space 2 to catch up on. so yeah, maybe next year round this time if they have picked up more solid 3rd party support (which i don't think will continue), and that must have game, (for me is smash bros, zelda, or metroid). If they announced a kid icarus that didn't have on rails sections that would tempt me as well. Really wish they would have just released a zelda like icarus game on wii. Seemed like a good fit for motion controls after playing skyward sword.

CarcharodonKraz said:
not going to buy one soon. doesn't have that it factor yet for me. Not enough games that i'm interested in and no game that i HAVE to have right now. I just got a ps3 last xmas. Playing fallout 3 right now, and after that i have xenoblade, the last story, ICO, prince of persia (ps3), ghostbusters, dead space 1, and dead space 2 to catch up on. so yeah, maybe next year round this time if they have picked up more solid 3rd party support (which i don't think will continue), and that must have game, (for me is smash bros, zelda, or metroid). If they announced a kid icarus that didn't have on rails sections that would tempt me as well. Really wish they would have just released a zelda like icarus game on wii. Seemed like a good fit for motion controls after playing skyward sword.

Have you played Dead Space: Extraction yet? Shit was so cash. EA should totally make an on-rails Space Opera.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

DieAppleDie said:
ThShape
"It's too expensive, there's no graphical leap, no games are appealing, and I'm not into the touch-screen controller."

its not expensive at all, 300-350 is pretty good for a launch, theres a graphical leap, specs say so, no games? it has Mario, CoD, Darksiders, AC, ZombiU....., pretty much everything is now touch based, its nothing extraordinary or too different from what we are used to....
pretty much i disagree with everything you said.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, that's what opinions are for.  It's a console for you, not for me.

I don't like Nintendo's first party games, but if it gets some decent rpgs who knows...The Wii though for me is enough to put me off buying a wii U.

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
ThShape
"It's too expensive, there's no graphical leap, no games are appealing, and I'm not into the touch-screen controller."

its not expensive at all, 300-350 is pretty good for a launch, theres a graphical leap, specs say so, no games? it has Mario, CoD, Darksiders, AC, ZombiU....., pretty much everything is now touch based, its nothing extraordinary or too different from what we are used to....
pretty much i disagree with everything you said.

To be fair, the graphical leap isn't as obvious as previous generations and very few games are really showcasing the hardware yet as they're either slightly upgraded ports or just aren't showing off the systems potential (like most launch titles). The jump from last gen PS3/360 games isn't that obvious to most people.

I have a wait and see attitude after that ocean of shovelware for the Wii. It makes it really hard to get excited about a Nintendo console.

Tifa got MOVES!

I dont think its worth it at that price, I'll wait for a pricecut.

I wont get a Will U I wont even get a PS4 at lunch until I played all the games needed to be played on my PS3

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Khuutra said:

In the name of the fearful God who stands poised over the universe like a thunderbolt ready to smite creation

Zeus?

*me sacrifices some wine by spilling it under the table for the gods of the Olymp*

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]