By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is NOT Buying WiiU? And Why?

I won't be buying the Wii U from the get-go, will probably get one when it has it's first price cut

Around the Network
Branko2166 said:
Gnac said:

Does this mean that Sony lied about what was in the launch PS3, since they charged 2 hundo bux less than the reported component cost?

HOELY SHITT.

No it does not obviously. Just seems to be a given when you look at the price considering that Nintendo has never sold a console at a loss in the past. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating that they sell it at a loss just pointing out that it is not the leap in power I am looking for from a next gen console.

For the benefit of the studio audience, could you quantify this leap in power?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:

oh God why are you doing this, you know where this is going

Well not sure if It counts but I would not buy a WiiU because I just found out the controller lasts around 3-5 hours with a battery charge. thats just hilarious.... Before I found out I was totally  MY BODY IS READY and stuff but now  no way.

The 360 gamepad lasts around 50 hours with a pair of batteries.

But I will get the console for free so I will have one anyways (Still would not buy it because of this joke of a battery life)

I'm not gonna buy it, but thats because I've never been interested in Nintendo (well since the GC). I haven't even been following that much about it, but from what I have gathered, I noticed that it is stronger than the 360 and the PS3. That isn't very impressive as we are leaving the generation.

Around the Network
Gnac said:
Branko2166 said:
Gnac said:

Does this mean that Sony lied about what was in the launch PS3, since they charged 2 hundo bux less than the reported component cost?

HOELY SHITT.

No it does not obviously. Just seems to be a given when you look at the price considering that Nintendo has never sold a console at a loss in the past. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating that they sell it at a loss just pointing out that it is not the leap in power I am looking for from a next gen console.

It would basically be a console which can run games at a detail comparable to the Unreal engine 4 and other modern game engines.

In other words I want to see a substantial improvement in lighting, textures, physics, animations etc. From what we have seen so far it appears that while the Wii U will have a modern architecture it will nevertheless be a modest upgrade over the 360/PS3. For what it's worth I hope to be proven wrong though.

I'm (almost certainly) not buying a Wii U because I only buy one console and that will be a PS4. But if PS4 is for some reason a major disappointment then it'll come down the the console my 2 sons decide they want most out of Wii U or 720 as I have no particular preference either way.

7/10 of my favourite games are Sony exclusives the other 3 are multiplats with PC versions.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Branko2166 said:
Gnac said:
Branko2166 said:
Gnac said:

HOELY SHITT.

It would basically be a console which can run games at a detail comparable to the Unreal engine 4 and other modern game engines.

In other words I want to see a substantial improvement in lighting, textures, physics, animations etc. From what we have seen so far it appears that while the Wii U will have a modern architecture it will nevertheless be a modest upgrade over the 360/PS3. For what it's worth I hope to be proven wrong though.

NUMBERS, man. Only raw numbers are the true benchmark of want. Look at all the hardware speculation threads in recent history - the currency there is RAW NUMBERS.

Flop some gigs. Shade some pixels. Rez dat lution. Lose some money.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Branko2166 said:
Gnac said:
Branko2166 said:
Gnac said:

HOELY SHITT.

I like that you are being a good sport and giving him honest answers...but he is not looking for a serious conversation. Cuz basically he has nothing to debunk what you are saying.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Branko2166 said:
Gnac said:
Branko2166 said:
Gnac said:

HOELY SHITT.

I like that you are being a good sport and giving him honest answers...but he is not looking for a serious conversation. Cuz basically he has nothing to debunk what you are saying.

Oh who gives a shit about debunking opinions. I'm just smashing away at my keyboard, here.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3