By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is NOT Buying WiiU? And Why?

avoid
why?

1 price
2 games
3 no confidence in nintendo since the last 2?(wii, gamecube) gens were complete flops
4 I want to see what other companies bring to the table then make an informed decision

Around the Network

I bought a Wii, but I don't enjoy Nintendo First Party games very much, so unless there are big third party exclusives (Darksiders 2 would've been one or Final Fantasy something) I'm not really interested.

Plus, I don't really need any more games right now, my PC catalogue is huge :/

MegamanZX said:
i'ii wait for next generation

Do you realise how stupid you sound saying that??

I'm not buying one because I am scared of what people may think of me if I am seen in proximity to a Nintendo product.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

The cold hard truth is that the WiiU is going to be a big massive flop. No one wants its games. The launch lineup is the worst anyone has ever seen. The WiiU is, simply put, Nintendo's swan song.

WiiU is DOOOOOOOOMED.

That's the vibe I'm getting from this thread. I'm getting one.  (I was being sarcastic about the above IMO).

Around the Network

I won't buy it because of franchises. I'm into God Of War, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, etc. As long as those games belong in Playstation, I'm with Sony. Then again, no need to pay 300€ for a machine that won't have a better output than a PS3 (7 years old graphics for the new generation?O_o)

Chandler said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
I am not.

I am not a huge First Party Fan (For Nintendo, Sony or MS) so those iconic games/characters hold no sway. I am all about my JRPGs (Have my Computer for EVERYTHING else) and whichever console gets those in abundance/quality will get my purchase.

If the quality/quantity is high enough in 2 or all 3, I will own all 3. Price does not matter to me, nor does gimmicks/accessories, just the damn games. Give me a reason to not keep playing on Steam and I will buy the Console.

I like your approach. How likely do you think it is, that the Wii U will get a lot of JRPG's? The system launches in Japan with Monster Hunter, a 2D Mario game and free Dragon Quest X Wii U Beta access for buyers of the premium model. Also Monolith Soft already has a Wii U game in the works and the console looks like a trap specifically engineered to catch japanese handheld crazy folks. I think the chances are pretty good.

MH wont do it for me.  

This is the System Launching in Japan.  Like my fellow ego centric Americans (hehe makes me laugh just typing that :)  I only care about myself and my American Games.  When/If they come here great.  I have no doubt the WiiU will get a good bit of JPRG love in Japan, but whether that equates to American releases, we will have to see.

I hold out more hopes for Sony, just because of the track record that Atlus/NIS have had lately + the Tales love they have been getting.  Either way, Im rooting for the damn games.  It might even end up a Hand Held only Gen for me and Im ok with that.

lol the nintendo fans really are getting butthurt and salty in here over differing opinions aren't they?

ot as i said in a similar thread so far i haven't been impressed

I have no intention to do so, and I have a laundry list of reasons as to why. Firstly I have a little something called self respect. Nintendo skunked me this generation. After I had supported them for twenty years. I have given them many thousands of dollars, and they thought I was disposable. Well if you treat your customers so lightly it is pretty much damning evidence that you don't care at all.

Secondly I have evolved beyond Nintendo. I am an adult, and I expect to be treated like I am an adult. Which means I want adult content in my games. Nintendo chooses to believe that everyone is perpetually eleven years old. Yes I want sex, and violence. Which Nintendo never puts in their games, and never will put in their games. It isn't just that though. I want actual stories, morals, and gasp realistic dialogue. I don't know why Nintendo thinks it is too good to put these last three things into their games.

Thirdly as a developer Nintendo is completely uninspired, and particularly lazy to boot. They think only in terms of reiterations rather then re-imaginings, expansions, or progressions. They aren't making sequels so much as they are just making the same games over and over. A good developer wants to improve upon their concepts. That isn't what Nintendo does. They just copy the previous game, and resell it again for a profit. They are the gaming version of rigid traditionalists.

Nintendo as a company is just a pack of backstabbing slackers who want to treat you like a child. The question shouldn't be why not. The question should be why. Why would you want to do business with a company that treats you with so little regard. They are utterly complacent about how they do things, and it shows in how little they are willing to adapt to serve your needs.

What I find ironic is that both Microsoft and Sony which are bigger companies act more scrappy then Nintendo. They basically try a whole lot harder then Nintendo to create new things. Sure they have failures, but at least they are really trying. You never get that feeling from Nintendo. Why reward sloth. When you can reward the eager.

What like ps3/360 fanboys were with Bayonetta 2??