By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is NOT Buying WiiU? And Why?

I always buy Nintendo consoles. But ever since the wii I've been waiting past launch because their launch titles suck balls.

I will buy when either:

1) I come up with expendable $$$

2) it finishes production of EXclusive AAA games

Around the Network
pezus said:

I'm not. I'll wait for all of the next gen consoles to come out first and see what I think then. That and I have plenty of games to play anyway.

This is where I stand as well.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Branko2166 said:
Judging by the launch price of the Wii U it would appear that Nintendo has once again gone for lower end specs so I will wait and see what Microsoft and Sony bring to the table. At this stage it looks like I will be getting the PS4 and if Microsoft makes a powerful console I will seriously consider it as well.

I guess the main reason I will not be getting the Wii U besides it not being cutting edge is that I feel Nintendo doesn't do enough to cater to the adult demographic which I obviously fall under. Furthermore both Microsoft and Sony have had a better track record with 3rd party publishers over the last couple of generations and that's a major factor to consider.

I also need to see a big improvement in Nintendo's online features which hopefully Nintendo will take more seriously next gen.

Does this mean that Sony lied about what was in the launch PS3, since they charged 2 hundo bux less than the reported component cost?

HOELY SHITT.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

So called gamers not supporting an actual video games company, who cares man its going to be successful anyway

I won't be buying it anytime soon. There would be very little value in it for me. Other than Zelda, Nintendo exclusives don't interest me. I don't care for Mario games or platformers in general. Pretty much everything else I care about will be on existing consoles and PC. And, quite frankly, I have more than enough games to play as it is without throwing a new console into the mix.

I'll re-evaluate the Wii U when the PS4/720 are announced and outlined, and it's time to buy a new console because all the best titles have jumped to the next generation. Right now, that just isn't necessary.

Also, kind of a lesser issue, but that controller still concerns me. I have some trouble with my wrists and it looks like there is a lot of wrist bending required to reach all the buttons. I want to see if anyone has a problem with that after the console has been released.

Around the Network
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

I'm not. I'll wait for all of the next gen consoles to come out first and see what I think then. That and I have plenty of games to play anyway.

We all know you hate the Wii U, Pezus, don't lie to us!

Again, I don't hate a console. I did show promise when I heavily considered a 3DS recently, didn't I? But Nintendo had to fuck it up by region locking the console.

Your promise faded when you didn't get it. (I'm joking.)

Why didn't you just get the games off of amazon?

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I control my own destiny....don't underestimate the power of the force. 

I want to know why people may not want to buy it after that great press conference & after the price is less than I expected. 

You came into this knowing what the answers would be. We all did.

THere are several threads where they are stroking the Wii U, you can go to those. Its not like anyone here is even being mean about it.

OT same reason as most, the games, the ones im actually interested in are already or will be out on systems i already own. not going to pluck down 300 or 350 to play slightly better and more expensive versions of those games; makes no sense. I'll get it eventually, when we see a new Zelda, 3d Mario, Smash, or a price drop and we see how the online actual works, i dont want another WiiWare situation.

I also bought 3ds and Vita this year, i think i have enough new hardware for now

i'ii wait for next generation

I have too many Wii, 360, 3DS games to play yet on my list. I can easily wait an year to get the WiiU and , hopefully, benefit from a pricecut.