By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is NOT Buying WiiU? And Why?

I will wait this one out for a bit, i usually buy my Nintendo consoles and handhelds at launch.But this time its all about the money, i simply cannot afford one at this present time. Add to the fact i have tons of unplayed games for Wii, 3DS, Gamecube and PS3,so its not as if im twiddling my thumbs waiting for something to play.

Around the Network
pezus said:

I'm not. I'll wait for all of the next gen consoles to come out first and see what I think then. That and I have plenty of games to play anyway.

We all know you hate the Wii U, Pezus, don't lie to us!

This thread is redundant, since it has long been a VGChartz tradition to treat a "Will you do / who is getting [x] thing" thread as an invitation to declare how one will NOT do / get [x] thing.

And, in the spirit of some of the replies to threads like that, I will NOT be replying to this one.

TOODLE-PIP.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

man-bear-pig said:
darthdevidem01 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Me, because it is too expensive and none of the launch games interest me in the slightest

Did you buy a PS360 after they were cheaper than $299? 

I don't remember...

Oh yeah, and we're both from the uk... use sterling!

I doubt you bought it before they became 299$. :P 

OT: I'm waiting for my Christmas money to come.... So it might be awhile.

Probably eventually. Whenever Zelda gets released.

Around the Network
Gnac said:

This thread is redundant, since it has long been a VGChartz tradition to treat a "Will you do / who is getting [x] thing" thread as an invitation to declare how one will NOT do / get [x] thing.

And, in the spirit of some of the replies to threads like that, I will NOT be replying to this one.

TOODLE-PIP.

I feel we have had some good discussion in this thread about prices & games people want to see on the WiiU. This thread has definitely appealed to certain segments of the Vgchartz audience and we will be celebrating platinum status of 50 posts soon. 

@darknight

Zeruda won't came for another year or two. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I won't buy it this year, I don't have the money for it. Actually, I can't even afford all the games on PS3 and 360 that I'm interested in this holiday season. Furthermore there are only 2 exclusives so far that are definite-buys for me.
However, I'm sure that someday I'll own all 8th gen consoles (so including WiiU), because all of them will have more than enough games that are must-haves for me.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Nope I will be saving my money for PS4 and next xbox. And not enough games I want on the Wii U.Only intrested in Zombi U.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

NintendoPie said:
man-bear-pig said:
darthdevidem01 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Me, because it is too expensive and none of the launch games interest me in the slightest

Did you buy a PS360 after they were cheaper than $299? 

I don't remember...

Oh yeah, and we're both from the uk... use sterling!

I doubt you bought it before they became 299$. :P 

OT: I'm waiting for my Christmas money to come.... So it might be awhile.

I'm gonna hopefully get a part time job...if I do then I can get it soon :D 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Judging by the launch price of the Wii U it would appear that Nintendo has once again gone for lower end specs so I will wait and see what Microsoft and Sony bring to the table. At this stage it looks like I will be getting the PS4 and if Microsoft makes a powerful console I will seriously consider it as well.

I guess the main reason I will not be getting the Wii U besides it not being cutting edge is that I feel Nintendo doesn't do enough to cater to the adult demographic which I obviously fall under. Furthermore both Microsoft and Sony have had a better track record with 3rd party publishers over the last couple of generations and that's a major factor to consider.

I also need to see a big improvement in Nintendo's online features which hopefully Nintendo will take more seriously next gen.