By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is NOT Buying WiiU? And Why?

MegaDrive08 said:
So called gamers not supporting an actual video games company, who cares man its going to be successful anyway

do you own all current gen consoles?

Around the Network
Dodece said:
I have no intention to do so, and I have a laundry list of reasons as to why. Firstly I have a little something called self respect. Nintendo skunked me this generation. After I had supported them for twenty years. I have given them many thousands of dollars, and they thought I was disposable. Well if you treat your customers so lightly it is pretty much damning evidence that you don't care at all.

Secondly I have evolved beyond Nintendo. I am an adult, and I expect to be treated like I am an adult. Which means I want adult content in my games. Nintendo chooses to believe that everyone is perpetually eleven years old. Yes I want sex, and violence. Which Nintendo never puts in their games, and never will put in their games. It isn't just that though. I want actual stories, morals, and gasp realistic dialogue. I don't know why Nintendo thinks it is too good to put these last three things into their games.

Thirdly as a developer Nintendo is completely uninspired, and particularly lazy to boot. They think only in terms of reiterations rather then re-imaginings, expansions, or progressions. They aren't making sequels so much as they are just making the same games over and over. A good developer wants to improve upon their concepts. That isn't what Nintendo does. They just copy the previous game, and resell it again for a profit. They are the gaming version of rigid traditionalists.

Nintendo as a company is just a pack of backstabbing slackers who want to treat you like a child. The question shouldn't be why not. The question should be why. Why would you want to do business with a company that treats you with so little regard. They are utterly complacent about how they do things, and it shows in how little they are willing to adapt to serve your needs.

What I find ironic is that both Microsoft and Sony which are bigger companies act more scrappy then Nintendo. They basically try a whole lot harder then Nintendo to create new things. Sure they have failures, but at least they are really trying. You never get that feeling from Nintendo. Why reward sloth. When you can reward the eager.

OMG WHEN DID YOU COME BACK?

I've missed your long essays!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I am not buying the Nintendo Wii U because I don't like its concept and I don't like a single Nintendo exclusive franchise. I'm only interested in the next Sony/Microsoft systems.

Also, my older brother plans on buying the Wii U when it eventually receives a price cut so I'll just play on his one if by some sort of miracle a game releases for it that even remotely interests me, highly unlikely but not impossible.

always owned one console every gen, not as fortunate as some, yes I could be called a Nintendo fanboy but I don't bash other games consoles, and yes I have played ps3/360 which I had fun with.

MegaDrive08 said:
always owned one console every gen, not as fortunate as some, yes I could be called a Nintendo fanboy but I don't bash other games consoles, and yes I have played ps3/360 which I had fun with.

No-one will call you that as:

1. We're all friends & family here

2. It's a bannable offense

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:

my point is simply that the original point you seemed to be making could also apply to you as you have only supported one of the 3 console manufacturers
although i guess you did specify "an actual video games company" so i guess maybe you have criteria that in your opinion excludes the other 2

I started on the amstrad cpc 6128 then had a mega drive then moved to ps1 then ps2 then this gen wii

darthdevidem01 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I'm not too sure at this point... I have no interest at all in Nintendo's core franchises (other than perhaps Zelda) so they need to be able to wow me to get my money, something that they have never been able to do to date!

Would Squall Returns : Final Fantasy VIII be adequate? lol 

If SE made that game then i would have to destroy their HQ in disgust lol!!

Gnac said:
Branko2166 said:
Judging by the launch price of the Wii U it would appear that Nintendo has once again gone for lower end specs so I will wait and see what Microsoft and Sony bring to the table. At this stage it looks like I will be getting the PS4 and if Microsoft makes a powerful console I will seriously consider it as well.

I guess the main reason I will not be getting the Wii U besides it not being cutting edge is that I feel Nintendo doesn't do enough to cater to the adult demographic which I obviously fall under. Furthermore both Microsoft and Sony have had a better track record with 3rd party publishers over the last couple of generations and that's a major factor to consider.

I also need to see a big improvement in Nintendo's online features which hopefully Nintendo will take more seriously next gen.

Does this mean that Sony lied about what was in the launch PS3, since they charged 2 hundo bux less than the reported component cost?

HOELY SHITT.

No it does not obviously. Just seems to be a given when you look at the price considering that Nintendo has never sold a console at a loss in the past. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating that they sell it at a loss just pointing out that it is not the leap in power I am looking for from a next gen console.

I won't buy the Wii U, because

• seems to have lowest specs for next gen
  • I dislike the controller. Yeah, it does look like Fisher price to me.
  • I dislike 99% of the Nintendo franchises. Zelda being the exception.
  • 3rd party support was never good on a Nintendo console since the SNES.
  • Probably the weakest online network. They do have to play a lot of catch-up here.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...