By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is NOT Buying WiiU? And Why?

darthdevidem01 said:
Galaki said:
They sold out pre-orders. It's not really a choice.

But the 2nd best comic book movie ever taught me that no matter who we are, no matter how hard it is...we always have a choice. 

Look.  Spider-Man 3 was a decent enough movie but don't base your life on the actions of Harry Osborne.

Around the Network

I won't buy Wii U 'coz:

• I'm not into Nintendo's 1st party games.
  • I won't buy a console, only to play 3rd party games on it, even though Rayman Legends looks awesome.
  • IMO controler is too big and too clunky. If I want to play a game on a small screen while my significant other is watching TV or whatever I'll grab a handheld or a tablet or a smartphone which I already own.
  • Most of my freinds are on PSN nowadays and I'm assuming they'll stay there as well in future....

Branko2166 said:
Judging by the launch price of the Wii U it would appear that Nintendo has once again gone for lower end specs so I will wait and see what Microsoft and Sony bring to the table. At this stage it looks like I will be getting the PS4 and if Microsoft makes a powerful console I will seriously consider it as well.

Price isn't a good indicator for power. The Gamecube was very cheap, but it was a gen ahead of PS2 in specs.

Most of us THINK that PS4 and Nextbox will be more powerful, but we may be surprised. In either case, I don't believe the WiiU will be as far behind competition as the PS2 was behind XBox and Gamecube.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Everybody in this thread (except for ONE GUY) wants a Wii U. They're just saying that the don't want one in a sad attempt to drive down the demand for the system. That way, they can literally waltz (I mean "literally", too!) into Gamestop, pick up a system, and waltz home while the rest of us look like suckers.

The idea of playing online Call of Duty with your best friend in HD while one of you uses a Wii Remote for the best aiming controls, ever and the other has his own screen and plays from another room--no sane person can ignore that. I spent close to an hour watching trailers for Wii U games on the 3DS eShop last night. It just looks too awesome. The third party stuff is looking good, too.

KylieDog said:
I'm not, because of Nintendo attitude and drop in standards for the last 6-7 years. 3DS looked to be Nintendo learning from mistakes before launch so I bought one, but Nintendo had not learned, I will not be fooled twice.

just out of curiosity, what didnt they learn??

Around the Network

I'm not,because the 3Ds is my last gaming system,ever. The wiiu would have to cook for me and do my laundry,for me to want one. hahaha.

oniyide said:
KylieDog said:
I'm not, because of Nintendo attitude and drop in standards for the last 6-7 years. 3DS looked to be Nintendo learning from mistakes before launch so I bought one, but Nintendo had not learned, I will not be fooled twice.

Mnementh said:
Branko2166 said:
Judging by the launch price of the Wii U it would appear that Nintendo has once again gone for lower end specs so I will wait and see what Microsoft and Sony bring to the table. At this stage it looks like I will be getting the PS4 and if Microsoft makes a powerful console I will seriously consider it as well.

Price isn't a good indicator for power. The Gamecube was very cheap, but it was a gen ahead of PS2 in specs.

Most of us THINK that PS4 and Nextbox will be more powerful, but we may be surprised. In either case, I don't believe the WiiU will be as far behind competition as the PS2 was behind XBox and Gamecube.

If we were talking about Sony or Microsoft I would be more inclined to agree as both have a history of selling consoles below cost in order to increase marketshare. Nintendo on the other hand has a different business model and they typically sell their hardware at a profit.

Though I hope you are right I suspect what may happen is a repeat scenario where developers make next gen games on PC/720/PS4 and a seperate game for the Wii U/PS3/360.

Also keep in mind that Nintendo is close to launching their console while Sony and Microsoft haven't even announced theirs. So on top of likely selling more expensive consoles they will also have the added advantage of having more modern hardware as they will release no earlier than 2013. Btw when I say advantage I am only talking about hardware performance advantage not sales.

In any case it is extremely exciting to see what they all come up with and to compare the final specs for all when they become available.

KylieDog said:
oniyide said:
KylieDog said:

What counts as proper support and when to release it.

thats kinda vauge, what is your definition of proper support. I could kinda see the release issue.

KylieDog said:
oniyide said:
KylieDog said:
oniyide said:
KylieDog said:

What counts as proper support and when to release it.

thats kinda vauge, what is your definition of proper support. I could kinda see the release issue.

Games like Xenoblade should have been west released in 2010, with more games released by Nintendo afterwards.  Instead Nintendo trickle out releases and think games like Wii Music or Wii Sports Resort mean the same to core gamers as games like Xenoblade.

3DS wasn't good, most the promised titles Nintendo listed when it was revealed turned out to be BS and Nintendos initial  core 'support' after months are ports of N64 games.  Zelda and Starwing should have been new games in the series, that is support, porting and re-releasing games from 15 years ago that been re-released several times already is not support.  Then they follow those with Mario, Mario Kart, Mario again.  MK fair enough but one Mario is enough in a year, and some other core support between Mario games would be a million times better, and a Kid Icarus with horrid controls when CPP could have fixed them is not it.

Outside of japan support for 3DS looks bleak, not many third parties releasing core games, 3DS looked like was going to get good support before release, same way WiiU does, but it quickly died.

well damn, fair enough. I do most of my portable gaming outside of my house, so for me i never really felt like i needed a large library of games for my portables as i usual only play a few at a time. Ive had my 3ds since March and ive only bought Mario3d, MK7, and KH3d, im good. Already beat Mario3d got kinda bored with Kart, but i will be playing KH for the foreseeable future. I think youre right TBH, the only game im looking forward to is Luigis Mansion and that aint coming till next year, i might skip NSMB3 al together.