By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is there only a threat of Civil War of Obama gets reelected?

Kasz216 said:

Why wouldn't there be a civil war if Obama was elected?

Republicans own all the guns.

Also some groups of republicans are more individualistic in general.

Still, not going to be a civil war either way.  I'd like to see the context on the comment.

Edit: oh that does seem in context.... weird.

It's funny he's envoking Obama as an excuse to RAISE taxes.

I try to post a link to the article and pull out the main point, and leave the context.  There are times I do miss it though.  And yes, there is irony here, but it seems like anything with Obama now is trying to be linked politically to raising taxes.  For me, the pressing issue here is the rhetoric that somehow Obama will make a civil war happen, and somehow Mitt Romney wouldn't.  

Around the Network

At this point I can't help but think that all these crazy republican outbursts over the last few months is some sort of conspiracy to re-elect Obama handily. It's like they're killing their own chances by acting completely crazy.

There's only one thing that would cause a civil war in America. A federal ban on guns. Although I think even in that extreme case the law would be overturned before the government gets around to prying guns out of cold dead hands.

richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:

Why wouldn't there be a civil war if Obama was elected?

Republicans own all the guns.

Also some groups of republicans are more individualistic in general.

Still, not going to be a civil war either way.  I'd like to see the context on the comment.

Edit: oh that does seem in context.... weird.

It's funny he's envoking Obama as an excuse to RAISE taxes.

I try to post a link to the article and pull out the main point, and leave the context.  There are times I do miss it though.  And yes, there is irony here, but it seems like anything with Obama now is trying to be linked politically to raising taxes.  For me, the pressing issue here is the rhetoric that somehow Obama will make a civil war happen, and somehow Mitt Romney wouldn't.  

Well to be fair, it is more likely that a civil war would be started by republicans.

Despite common political stereotypes, Republicans are actually far more anti-establishment, at least on the fringes anyway.

Super liberal fringes, even when decrying government more often then not want to solve the problem by making government more powerful.

Additionally, a civil war would likely require that part of the US army would back up the opposition side.

Which seems far more likely republicans wise then democrats wise.

theprof00 said:
At this point I can't help but think that all these crazy republican outbursts over the last few months is some sort of conspiracy to re-elect Obama handily. It's like they're killing their own chances by acting completely crazy.

It's not completely out there as a theory. 

Afterall the far right fringe have never liked Romney, and the Republican primary painted him as "essentially Obama."

A Romney loss, while "losing" 4 years might cause a shift in power back to a far right candidate.

The average far right opinion of Romney I think is "Practically Obama is better then actual Obama."

I mean, SOMETHING is going on, since the GOP can't get a handle on these guys.  Going out of their way to denounce a lot of the stuff they're saying and even calling for some to leave the races they are a part of.

I think here have been 4-5 stupid outbursts after the Akin comments after the GOP told him to resign, and no doubt sent memos to their politcians about what to watch talking about.

It seems like a far right revolt quite honestly.

Around the Network

then in about 20 years from now we'll have CoD MW 13: Civil War 2!!!

America will turn to violence between factions after the economic collapse, not before.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

If a civil war arose out of an election wouldn't one group most likely be outnumbered?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
If a civil war arose out of an election wouldn't one group most likely be outnumbered?

Not necessarily. Back in before our last Civil War, only about a third of the electorate voted for Lincoln. However, only 1/3 of the population chose treason. It depends on how things play out.

Love and tolerate.

If any state tries to leave the Union you can bet that tanks and other army equipment will be rolling threw in a matter of hours. So in short not going to happen.