By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is there only a threat of Civil War of Obama gets reelected?

I heard the Judges comments regarding this. While I definitely don't agree with him that it will play out this way I wouldn't rule it out for something like it transpiring in the future.

He was basically saying that if Obama is re-elected that something will cause the Obama and government to turn United States' sovereignty over to the UN. There has also been talk out there that the Obama administration will try to move in his second term to make firearms illegal through means within the United Nations.

I think this is what sparked this judge to make these comments. according to what he believes that if the Obama administration is able to turn sovereignty over to the UN it will undoubtedly create a civil war among Americans to stop this from happening.

And I must say even though I have high doubts that United States would ever turn soveriegnty over to the UN, but if somehow that did happen I would agree it would result in some type of civil war/ conflict that would try to overthrow the government for enacting such a thing.

Around the Network

If they was a civil war if Obama was re-elected then what's saying the Republicans are safe?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Allfreedom99 said:
I heard the Judges comments regarding this. While I definitely don't agree with him that it will play out this way I wouldn't rule it out for something like it transpiring in the future.

He was basically saying that if Obama is re-elected that something will cause the Obama and government to turn United States' sovereignty over to the UN. There has also been talk out there that the Obama administration will try to move in his second term to make firearms illegal through means within the United Nations.

I think this is what sparked this judge to make these comments. according to what he believes that if the Obama administration is able to turn sovereignty over to the UN it will undoubtedly create a civil war among Americans to stop this from happening.

And I must say even though I have high doubts that United States would ever turn soveriegnty over to the UN, but if somehow that did happen I would agree it would result in some type of civil war/ conflict that would try to overthrow the government for enacting such a thing.

What i don't get is where did he even get this though from? Why would he think that Obama would do such crazy, unimaginable things?

The US will never give it's sovereignity to the UN, that's just a crazy thing to say. I agree though if it ever happened, it would cause a civil war or revolution 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Allfreedom99 said:

There is no possibility that the Obama administration is anywhere near considering that, given that they're just as uncooperative with UN initiatives as pretty much every other US administration. America and other security council countries exist to use the UN, not to let the UN use them.

I don't know whether to laugh or rage at the far-righters who talk about "UN jackboots occupying our country." It's like they're living in a work of speculative fiction.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I would love for Texas to become its own country. It would be much more effective than a Civil War. Ron Paul can become president and all his supporters can move there. Problem solved. Seriously, whether Obama or Mittens wins, America is doomed. Maybe people will vote for Gary Johnson...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
chocoloco said:
Westside fools, we be smaken ass of hoes and rolling in the green, packing heat. East side fools better watch their step come this election.

A second Bear Flag revolt?

http://www.vom.com/bearflag/revolt.html

If only it were that easy

The kind of arrogance I would expect out of an East Sider. We mountain men are clearly hardy folk. Viva la Revolution!

the2real4mafol said:
If they was a civil war if Obama was re-elected then what's saying the Republicans are safe?

I assume your question is: Why is it that only Obama getting elected means the country is threatened by Civil War.  If that is, then that is my question for this thread.  It takes more than one person being in the White House to cause a nation to fracture. 

chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:
chocoloco said:
Westside fools, we be smaken ass of hoes and rolling in the green, packing heat. East side fools better watch their step come this election.

A second Bear Flag revolt?

http://www.vom.com/bearflag/revolt.html

If only it were that easy

The kind of arrogance I would expect out of an East Sider. We mountain men are clearly hardy folk. Viva la Revolution!

Seems like some time for Coldplay:

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

Civil wars start over that, factions trying to take over the government, or factions trying to topple the current leader.  If the United States ended up with the civil war, I would say it would likely come from secession, and the federal government stepping in to try to stop it. It could happen, even if Texas attempted to seceed, although they have every legal right to do so.

Not according to Texas v. White, which said that Texas and the rest of the Confederacy never seceded because they are fundamentally incapable of unilaterally seceding. I know they reserve the right to do so, but the feds absolutely do not recognize that right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White 

richardhutnik said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White 

Yes?