By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is there only a threat of Civil War of Obama gets reelected?

So, this judge in Texas warns of possible Civil War if Obama gets reelected:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/texas-judge-warning/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

If this is a reality, does the judge think that if Romney gets elected, there is no chance of there being a Civil War?  I understand doing pandering and fearmongering, but I am perplexed in anyone's reason why electing Romney would pose less of a threat of a Civil War happening.  I see GOP policy being seen as threatening to to some people, as Democratic policies are seen to other people.  If things are this close to Civli War, then either side getting elected could be engaged in this, unless maybe one thinks the more Liberal side is less likely to pick up guns and shooting up military and law enforcement.

Around the Network

Why wouldn't there be a civil war if Obama was elected?

Republicans own all the guns.

Also some groups of republicans are more individualistic in general.

Still, not going to be a civil war either way.  I'd like to see the context on the comment.

Edit: oh that does seem in context.... weird.

It's funny he's envoking Obama as an excuse to RAISE taxes.

Hmmm . A vote for obama is a vote for civil war confirmed.

There might be one. Obama's amnesty for illegal immigrants program will definitely cause rifts here, and Obama has no clue on basic economics.

Then again, the other choice - Mitt Romney, is no good either and is an absolutely awful candidate.

America is heading for a civil war soon anyway - within the next couple decades, guaranteed. It might happen under Obama, but I doubt it. Obama (or Romney for that matter) will destroy America but it won't cause a war yet. Americans need to wake up first.

No, because we're already in a civil war. (Guess whose fault it is!)

Around the Network

What happened to secession? I'd prefer they secede than civil war.

Rofl. I don't even see any vague evidence of a civil war brewing. People are certainly passionate about their political views right now, but I don't see lines being drawn to the point of war. There'd be people getting shot down in the streets daily; that Colorado shooting wouldn't even be news in comparison to all the shit going down.

Plus, with how much money America dumps into their defense budget and how many troops and technology we have, whatever side ends up with the US Army will win in just a few days. It'll be the most pathetic civil war in history, lol.

One wonders if he couldn't be put in jail for such commentary. It's a threat of sedition.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Oh and I was joking about that guns thing if that wasn't clear.

I'm guessing that the right 3 represent what type of guns are owned by the people in the left.

Interesting that the rifle gap is the smallest.

theprof00 said:
What happened to secession? I'd prefer they secede than civil war.

Isn't that how the last civil war started?