By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Statistics: VGChartz forums on the path back to old greatness?

Turkish, trolling is bannable on GAF same as here. Just letting you know (especially since you're still a Junior on GAF).

I think both sites have great communities, although NeoGAF is much larger so it has more traffic and a wider range of discussion. Of course I wish the admins on VGC were a bit more involved in the community and conversed more with the users.

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
NintendoPie said:
Gilgamesh said:
lol I left June 2011 and came back in May 2012 people had no threads to post in until I came back, it's the only explanation :P

We still had some of your everlasting threads with us.

lol calling some of his NSFW Discussion threads everlasting is an understatement 

Not all of his threads are NSFW.

The drop in activity seems to coincide with the creation of my account.
I scared everyone away with my avatar.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

ManusJustus said:
I stayed around, but I post a lot less after the shitty formatting change. A lot of my posts get lost and the only ones that dn't have to be Quick Replies.

Would that be the shitty formatting change of 2009, 2010 or 2011? 

Every new format brings complaints that the site has been broken, so you'll have to be more specific.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

MontanaHatchet said:
Turkish, trolling is bannable on GAF same as here. Just letting you know (especially since you're still a Junior on GAF).

I think both sites have great communities, although NeoGAF is much larger so it has more traffic and a wider range of discussion. Of course I wish the admins on VGC were a bit more involved in the community and conversed more with the users.

I agree.  It's nice to see the admins mingling with their userbase sometimes.

Around the Network

This site will undoubtedly be revived along with the new generation.

Sales are just not as important as it used to be, specially so late this gen. This statement alone is reinforced with the OP graph.

Yay!!!

Sales discussion has been more interesting lately...the last couple of 'Globel Up!' threads have had ~200 posts each, which is a huge increase from the ~30 posts they were receiving in the last few months. I guess it's because the next gen is officially underway!

And the increase is just quickening. The last bump on the graph can largely be attributed to the Wii U launch, but it's a nice bump nonetheless.

The VGChartz population is now half of what it was at its peak, but twice of what it was at the bottom.

In other words, good news!

Pineapple said:

And the increase is just quickening. The last bump on the graph can largely be attributed to the Wii U launch, but it's a nice bump nonetheless.

The VGChartz population is now half of what it was at its peak, but twice of what it was at the bottom.

In other words, good news!

Well, thank you Nintendo and Wii U for that :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Eh, what this made me remember was that VGChartz was full of fanboyism and console war mentality. So with the PS4 and new Xbox, we should see that again.