Rate TDKR!

0 0 0%

1 4 3.74%

2 4 3.74%

3 14 13.08%

4 30 28.04%

5 54 50.47%

Total:106

The people who were exiled should have laid on their stomach and crawled across the bay to increase surface area. Did anyone else see that Leonardo di Caprio lookalike in the stock exchange scene? Why did Bane have a mask? Was his jaw broken off?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
homer said:
The people who were exiled should have laid on their stomach and crawled across the bay to increase surface area. Did anyone else see that Leonardo di Caprio lookalike in the stock exchange scene? Why did Bane have a mask? Was his jaw broken off?

The mask constantly fed him medication for the debilitating injury he suffered when he helped Talia escape the prison when she was a child.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Mirson said:
darkknightkryta said:

I give it an 8/10. The first 1/3 of the film really needed to have been tightened and rewritten. They spend almost an hour setting up nothing, then Batman goes and fights Bane. But the rest of the movie, OMG. I was raging with Bruce the whole time he was in the prison. And when he came back and told Gordon to light his signal, to send the message to Bane: "I'm back, this is my city, and I'm coming for you!" Everyone in the theatre was clapping.  Sooo good.

I found that part funny; he knew a bomb was about to explode, but he still took the time to oil paint the bridge (while nobody spotted him).

Also, why didn't they kill Blake when he was rescuing the cops? The cop that came out of the tunnel was shot, and the others were killed by a grenade. But nothing was done to Blake.

One thing I've noticed with Nolan's Batman, is that he's way to wreckless.  Batman doesn't blow up cars in front of him with missiles from his Batpod cause their in his way.  He wouldn't even have missiles in his Batpod.

d21lewis said:

Anyway, some of those storylines were about two years long from the time they started to the time they ended! I can't believe Nolan tried to squeeze them all into a three hour movie. For me (the fanboy that can never be satisfied), I kept having an internal conflict between the way I wanted things to be and the way things actually turned out. I had a lot of problems with other explanations, too.

-You can cure a broken back (his SPINE was protruding from his back!) by hanging from a rope? Magic!  His spine was protrucing out of his back?  I could have sworn his watchman said a disc was out of place, which he reset.  Rest was magic at physiotherapy.

-How the hell did he get from Arabia (or wherever that prison was) with no money? I'm sure Bruce had money saved in other accounts, he just lost his assets.

-How did he even get back into Gotham City? He's Batman.
-How did those cops that were trapped underground for months not smell like ass? How were they still able to fight? They should have been super weak. They were given food and water, which was apparently a lot.
-Why did Batman suddenly trust Catwoman when she robbed him and fed him to Bane? She never fed him to Bane, Batman asked her to take him to Bane.  She just locked the door.
-If Batman insists on "No guns", why does everything he owns have a built in gun--and fucking missiles? The tumblers probably had them from their days as prototypes.  Probably the same with the Batpod.
-Why are there still prisoners in that prison if Ra's Al Ghul freed them all and incorporate them into the League of Shadows? They said he released them all?
-Why did Ra's Al Ghul train Bane to be the best, ever if the sight of Bane caused him so much pain? The sight of Bane didn't cause him pain, the site of Bane and Talia together caused him pain, and he probably realized they loved each other after he trained him.
-How did Ra's Al Ghul become so awesome in every way when he was nothing more than an exiled soldier? Soldiers are well trained.
-Who put Scarecrow in charge of court? I didn't vote for him! I sure as hell voted for him!
-Why did Batman wait three months before he asked somebody what "Deshi, Deshi, Basara" meant? They said that like every five minutes! Plothole
-Nobody bothered to mention that Ra's Al Ghul's kid was a little girl? Did they say "he"?
-Why didn't any of the other "Batmobiles" have little Bat-Cycles built into them? Maybe they did and no one knew how to use them?
-And Jim Gordon carries the Harvey Dent confession every where he goes? He wrote it for his speech, he just happened to have it with him still when he went in the sewers, the timing wasn't that far off.
-And people suddenly believe Bane because he read a note? I'm sure only the inmates of Blackgate did, they didn't really show any gotham citizens when he made his speech.
-Was that knee brace made of magic? Batman can just kick that hard, the brace just kept his leg together.  I mean Batman did kick down a tree in Year One.

In the comics, the older Batman fought a much stronger opponent and lost horribly. He then came back and defeated him in front of an audience to regain the respect of Gotham City. He didn't fight the guy head to head. He outsmarted him. In this movie, Batman just walked up to him and started punching--but this time, his punches worked. What's up with that? Batman was training for about 5 months when he was in prison, on top of that Bane just didn't feel the pain, he couldn't feel his body wear down the way Batman was.  Batman knew his mask was giving him pain killers so Batman started tearing it apart with his fist.  The less pain killers Bane was getting the more pain and fatigue Bane was feeling.

Atleast that's what I think.

Loved it. 5 Stars.

Hope the next one is Nightwing.

Around the Network

Hey Darth, that poster your put, was it an official poster?

darkknightkryta said:
Hey Darth, that poster your put, was it an official poster?

Don't think its official. Looks cool though huh.

I agree with your points to D21lewis...I was gonna do a similar reply but no need to now lol.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

d21lewis said:

-And Jim Gordon carries the Harvey Dent confession every where he goes?
-And people suddenly believe Bane because he read a note?
-Was that knee brace made of magic?

In the comics, the older Batman fought a much stronger opponent and lost horribly. He then came back and defeated him in front of an audience to regain the respect of Gotham City. He didn't fight the guy head to head. He outsmarted him. In this movie, Batman just walked up to him and started punching--but this time, his punches worked. What's up with that?

Anyway, as a Batman fan, I'd give the movie a 9/10 for packing so much stuff into it. It was like a fanboy orgasm. As a movie watcher, I'd probably give the movie a 6/10. Waaaaay too many plot holes for things to make sense. But don't think of me as a hater. I felt the same way about the Star Wars prequels and I LOVE them despite so many issues as movies. Just had to get that off of my chest. This one would be my second favorite Batman film, right behind The Dark Knight. Begins is a better movie but this one moves so fast and does so much.

I believe the confession was because Gordon was constantly on active duty from the speech at the charity event until his capture and escape from Bane. They didn't make that 100% clear in the film, but it was all one run with him looking for the congressman's kidnapper.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I watched Batman again, it was better watching it again than watching it for the first time, for whatever reason. d21lewis, you were right about the protrusion, it was a vertebra sticking out. I still stick by my magic claim.

3/5. Movie was good,but nothing mind blowing. I just could'nt buy ann hathaway as catwomen. She came across as boring and dull and although the love/hate relationship between her and batman made sense,it just felt forced and I just did'nt buy it. Bane just felt like some fusion of a wrestler and darth vader. I thought he was a very weak villian. I did love all of the action parts and the set pieces. To me,that's were the movie really shines. I love the football field explosion and the bane fights. I also thought the twist was great. Did'nt really see it coming,although I was'nt thinking about it. I thought the joseph gordon levitt character was great. That guy is a great actor in my opinion. I loved the ending and hope they make another one. So overall,I liked the movie,but I thought it was the weakest movie out of the so-called trilogy.