Rate TDKR!

0 0 0%

1 4 3.74%

2 4 3.74%

3 14 13.08%

4 30 28.04%

5 54 50.47%

Total:106

So Batman Film Celebration week RISES to an end with TDKR!

Watch & Rate the movie!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

9.9/10 provisional rating.

Will change once I see it in Imax next week...it's not fair to review it yet...just seen it after being so hyped in an audience that seemed to cheer every 5 seconds.

Awesome movie! Christopher Nolans Batman is officially my favourite movie trilogy now. Not quite as good as The Dark Knight but better than Batman Begins. Someone should start like a top 50 or top 25 movies of all time, similar to Smeags Annual Top 50 Video Games Id be interested to see where all three movies place.

Just heard about the midnight TDKR showing shootings...boy that ruins the high I had off seeing the movie.

yeah the shooting ruined my high :(

loved the movie and thought it was the best of the 3.

Around the Network

With regards to the ending, I want a sequel with Robin!!!!

Yeah PDF I thought he might be the "new" BATMAN...proving that the BAT is really no one man but a symbol.

Then we could have a set of movies with him as Batman.

But as they called him Robin that's not possible. 

I thought it was really awesome, but not as good as tdk. It was a lot more predictable but all in all it was still really good. My only gripe is that i did not like Bane's voice. He sounded more like a christian preacher than a badass. But i know that's probably just my opinion.

Im glad Blake didnt put on the bat suit or Robin suit it would of been cheesy!
Dark Knight Rises and Dark Knight are very close imo Dark Knight only just edges it out cause Two Face & The Joker are a bit more interesting to watch than Bane & Talia Al Ghul, thats not to say they are bad though.

The only problem i had with the movie was a sense of time flow. Jumping back and forth from Gotham City to what i'm presuming is Yemen like it was nothing felt more than a little jarring

Otherwise it did quite well. It quenched any trepidation i might have had about Anne Hathaway being Catwoman, Bane and Talia served as excellent enemies with an ingenious plan, and the themes really clicked.

It was also nice, being a Western Pennsylvanian, seeing what was clearly Pittsburgh in several shots (especially that stadium, which was based on either Heinz Field or PNC park, or likely superimposed over the background of PNC Park). Made it all feel more familiar

Edit: oh yeah, tons of science problems with their nuke, as far as I understand it. A fusion bomb is a fusion bomb, something that we've had since the fifties while sustainable fusion energy remains elusive. Removing the reaction from the reactor's stabilizers would have caused it to explode immediately (that being the point of fusion generators, not to generate the reaction so much as to control it and keep the H-bomb from happening). Of course i'm willing to grant them the liberty of having created sustainable fusion for sci-fi purposes, but they really didn't follow their own rule, especially since after they removed the bomb they started treating it like a fission device, talking about radiation levels and fuel-cell decay (which fuel cell decay would have been a *good* thing, since decayed fuel is just radioactive and not capable of a chain reaction, so you'd be left with a dirty bomb). Unless Dr. Pavel's method of making the reactor into a bomb involved adding fissile material to it (which is how that works in the first place. H-bombs need fissile material to work), but that would have involved a separate plot point about attaining fissile material, and the movie treated it as its own thing

It works as a plot device (the only way to hold a city hostage effectively), but they should have been consistent on the matter of fission v fusion

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.