Rate TDKR!

0 0 0%

1 4 3.74%

2 4 3.74%

3 14 13.08%

4 30 28.04%

5 54 50.47%

Total:106

You know what probably sucks? Living in Gotham City with 10,000 Blackgate criminals running loose and no Batman. Oh well. At least there's no neutron bomb.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
You know what probably sucks? Living in Gotham City with 10,000 Blackgate criminals running loose and no Batman. Oh well. At least there's no neutron bomb.

Can you reply to my thoughts on the movie. I'm just curious to see,were we agree,disagree.

oldschoolfool said:

3/5. Movie was good,but nothing mind blowing. I just could'nt buy ann hathaway as catwomen. She came across as boring and dull and although the love/hate relationship between her and batman made sense,it just felt forced and I just did'nt buy it. Bane just felt like some fusion of a wrestler and darth vader. I thought he was a very weak villian. I did love all of the action parts and the set pieces. To me,that's were the movie really shines. I love the football field explosion and the bane fights. I also thought the twist was great. Did'nt really see it coming,although I was'nt thinking about it. I thought the joseph gordon levitt character was great. That guy is a great actor in my opinion. I loved the ending and hope they make another one. So overall,I liked the movie,but I thought it was the weakest movie out of the so-called trilogy.

I thought Catwoman was awesome.  In fact, I actually said "Thank you" a couple of times when they gave me a good glimpse of her ass.  There was one scene where her ass was on the left side of the screen and she was blowing up something on the right side of the screeen.  I didn't even see the explosion because I was so focussed on that booty!

I thought Bane was pretty awesome until I found out that he wasn't the kid that made the climb out of Santa Prisca prison (which doesn't seem like such a bad place).  I was hoping they would go the "Bane is a mastermind and the anti-Batman" route instead of the often used "Bane is working for somebody else" route.  It robbed him of some of his mistique.  Aside from that, I pretty much agree with you.

I would give it a 2/10.

One problem for example is Catwoman. She is a COMPLETELY POINTLESS CHARACTER. She was NOT needed in this movie; it seems they put her in to put a familiar villain in this movie. And yes, she was a villain.

Batman trusted her TOO much. She stole Bruce's pearls, kicked his cane from his hand, stole his Lambo, sold him out to Bane which caused him to be put into some lame prison and a broken back, THEN he gives her his batpod + the clean slate? What the heck? He had NO reason to trust her - nothing in the movie indicated he should trust her. It was a SUPER MEGA cliche of him trusting her (and then of course, she ends up coming back - YAWN. This was done better with Han in STAR WARS). She was annoying, evil, and cliched.

Then Bane. Bane was actually OK but inaudible for most of the movie. Well, at the end, they turned him into a silly henchman and he died like one. My friend didn't even realized Bane died until the end. It was really a lame death.

Also the fights between Bane were boring. They fought like they were as slow as molasses, and why didn't Batman just use his utility belt against Bane? Batman was clearly no match, so Batman should've started throwing everything he had at him or use a grappling hook to escape. Instead, he let Bane break his back.

So many deus ex machinas. For example, Gordon being saved on the ice, then out of nowhere John being saved, Gordon stopping the detonator, and how did Batman survive at the end? I may be wrong, but it showed Batman IN the Batwing then 5 seconds left on the timer. So the "auto-pilot" excuse doesn't work - unless I am mistaken.

Speaking of cliches. A time bomb. Yawn.

Oh, and wasn't Bruce supposed to be injured? His legs aren't supposed to have cartilage and his back is broken yet he is able to make the jump in that lame prison. Oh and that prison? Lame as hell! But not the kind of hell Bane was talking about - the prison didn't even seem bad at all. Everyone was friendly and they had food, water, and a TV!

And Wayne losing all his money made no sense. It was CLEARLY a case of fraud. There's a heist at the stock exchange, and one of the world's wealthiest man just so happens to have bet his entire fortune on stock futures out of nowhere, and then everyone says "Well, nothing suspicious here, let's move on?"
"Robin" John Blake. First off, how did he find out Bruce was Batman? Cause he's an orphan too? DUMB! Second off, is he the new Batman? He has no training at all! Third off, how did he find Gordon after Gordon went through the sewer?

Talia Al Ghul. Dumbest plot "twist" ever? She reveals she's the bad guy. Why? Cause she hated her father. She thought he neglected her. Until he died of course. Because ya know, when... eh screw it she had a dumb "motivation" too. And her death was laugh out loud funny. She was talking about RA'S AL GHUL and then she "dies" like falling asleep... while Batman, Catwoman, and Gordon watch her! What the hell were they doing? THERE'S A BOMB ABOUT TO GO OFF!!!

We hardly see Batman at all. He is in the movie for about... 15 minutes max. And he still has that ridiculous voice.

Alfred supported Bruce as Batman in BB and TDK and now does not. WTF?

Then the editing is so bad. Bane says the bomb has 5 months to explode, then the next scene says there is 23 days left til it explodes, then the next scene Gordon is like "12 hours before it explodes!" then the next scene there is 10 minutes. Bad pacing. Clearly in need of an editor.

And why didn't Gordon suffer any consequences for lying about Harvey Dent? Oh, speaking of the ending... This movie is supposed to be "the legend ends" yet I think this movie is a cliffhanger. Gotham city's story didn't have a conclusion, and it ended with a new Batman. Dumb Nolan and his marketing gimmicks.

I could go on and on. How did Bruce get back to Gotham, how come his power was cut off at Wayne Manor right away, why did Talia and Bane have a beef with Gotham, the random sex scene after he cries about his girlfriend, that stupid clean slate program, the lame action scenes, the most ridiculous wanna-be LOTR "epic" battle ever between the doofus cops and henchmen, that useless character Foley (the cop that was a coward and died in the battle), why were the henchmen so suicidal, why were the cops so clean shaven after 5 months, why did Talia wait to detonate the bomb, etc. etc.

i could go ON AND ON with the problems in this movie. The Dark Knight had a couple problems, but not nearly as bad and had a great story, great scenes, and Heath Ledger anyway. TDK gets an 8.5/10 from me, but this movie was CRAP.

I am going to watch this movie again either today or tomorrow, so maybe some points will be clarified for me. I am going to give it another chance. Here is how I rank them:

1. Batman Begins - 9/10

2. The Dark Knight - 8.5/10

3. The Dark Knight Rises - 2/10

Batman (1966): 6/10, Batman (1989) 8/10, Batman Returns 6.5/10, Batman Forever 6.5/10, Batman and Robin 1/10.

Around the Network

Also Ra's Al Ghul never wanted to blow up Gotham City. Has Nolan ever seen Batman Begins? Ra's wanted to "rip Gotham from the inside out." He wanted to tear it down to rebuild it. Talia, who hated her father, but wants to continue his plot anyway, wants to destroy Gotham.

Also, Ra's wanted to tear Gotham apart because it was corrupt. But in the 8 years between films Gotham is clearly no longer corrupt with crime being at a minimum. So once again, Nolan proves he has never seen Batman Begins.

Also this movie makes The Dark Knight irrelevant. You can skip The Dark Knight and not miss a beat. Harvey's death is the only thing really and that has flashbacks in this movie anyway. Joker now seems like a side story. I know Nolan didn't want to mention the Joker out of respect for Heath, but that's not a good idea. Joker should've been mentioned and this movie didn't need to take place 8 years later - 5 years tops.

Great movie. Not as good as The Dark Knight, mostly because the villains are weaker and the leaps of logic aren't nearly as well disguised, but I still liked it better than Batman Begins. Overall, a solid 9/10, will buy the DVD.

Bane > Joker. Not acting wise, but villainess, idk Bane kicked ass.
And yeah, it felt done, although a sequel would be nice

LET'S GO KNICKS

8.4 out of 10
i actually really liked it!

i do hope we will get another though with the Batman, Catwomen & Robin tbh

HabinoBR said:
Bane > Joker. Not acting wise, but villainess, idk Bane kicked ass.

In a literal sense, he did. But at the end of the day he really was mere muscle.