By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ever donate blood?

Just finished going my second time and was just wondering if there was any regulars around here?

Have you gone? How often have you gone? Do you think its painful? Does it make you feel all great inside knowing your blood is likely used to save someones life? Whats your thoughts?

Around the Network

Nope.. don't exactly feel bad about it, but wouldn't hate doing it, just can't be bothered.

Millenium said:
Nope.. don't exactly feel bad about it, but wouldn't hate doing it, just can't be bothered.

It's pretty simple your in and out in less then an hour.

Bristow9091 said:
Nope, never gave blood, never plan on it either, not because I'm selfish and don't want to help people with my blood, but because I have the biggest phobia of needles anyone has ever seen, seriously, if I'm even in the same room as one I feel VERY uneasy and I'll run out of the room screaming like a sissy girl if one is held up to me, since they're so so so so so horrible! It sucks too because I really want a tattoo (I've got a sleeve design which looks AMAZING!) but fuck needles, they're the work of the devil! D:<

can you play halo? i mean, just imagine all the needles the needler is shooting!

Yeah, I've done it once thus far. It was really a spur of the moment decision, as they came to my college campus and I had time to spare.

The worst part of it is the finger prick. I HATE the finger prick! *shudders*

Around the Network

Nope. Scared of needles

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Haven't done it myself, and have no intention of doing it. For me the problem is a deep and abiding fear of needles. I could possibly muster up the courage, but the associated anxiety about doing it in the first place would be pure hell for me. Then again it would probably be a pointless endeavor, because my blood pressure would be right through the roof. I suppose it is good that my blood is next to worthless. I am a universal recipient so I know that I am not being terribly missed.

I have had to think about this a lot lately with my brother undergoing treatment for Leukemia. The chemo is doing a good job of knocking it out, but I had to get donor tested. Now a transplant calls for a huge fucking needle, and I was probably going to have to insist on them knocking me out completely. It isn't just the fear of the needle it is the fear that hysteria might grab me, and have me flying around the room.

I am one of those special people that can demonstrate maniacal strength. When I was six, and they had to draw blood. It took half a dozen doctors and nurses to pin me down. Just so they could do a finger prick test. I am just borderline phobic about the whole thing. I know I shouldn't be this terrified by needles, but I am consumed with fear about getting shots.

nope but I might someday. I don't know why I haven't.

I never did because no one deserves it.

I don;t like needles, but i may one day do it.