By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U games to run at 720p, 30 fps.

Haha, I don't care.
I can't even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p when I'm more than a meter away.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
sensebringer said:
Somebody explain this to me please:

e3.Nintendo.com:

Video Output

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

http://e3.nintendo.com/wiiu/

By the comments in this topic I am understanding that Wii U can only run games on 720p. What I am missing?

Games can be upscaled to higher resolutions, but it's different from "natively" displaying in those resolutions.

Next-gen console my ass. The WiiU is just playing catchup to the PS3 and 360. I can't believe I'm getting less interested in the console the more information they reveal about it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

wfz said:
sensebringer said:

e3.Nintendo.com:

Video Output

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

By the comments in this topic I am understanding that Wii U can only run games on 720p. What I am missing?

Games can be upscaled to higher resolutions, but it's different from "natively" displaying in those resolutions.

Could you explain the dfference please?

wfz said:

Saying they're "smoking" muffins is being light on th-- wait a second, how do you smoke muffins anyways?

1) Take out your charcoal grill. Clean and prepare it.

2) Stack the coals to one side. Light them.

3) When the coals are ready, add the grill. Put the muffin on the end opposite the coals.

4) Cover the grill. Check in every once and again, but do not uncover except when necessary.

5) After several hours have passed, your muffin is now smoked!

Around the Network
sensebringer said:
wfz said:
sensebringer said:

e3.Nintendo.com:

Video Output

In the context of games:

Native: The developers and artists have created and designed the models and textures at a high resolution. Thus, the artwork has all the details intended by the artists.

Upscaled: The developers and artists create assets at a lower resolution and are then upscaled. The computer basically fills in the missing details with similar coloured pixels and will generally give a slightly blockier image. The clarity of the final image differs depending on the upscaling algorithm. 

Scoobes said:
sensebringer said:
wfz said:
sensebringer said:

e3.Nintendo.com:

Video Output

In the context of games:

Native: The developers and artists have created and designed the models and textures at a high resolution. Thus, the artwork has all the details intended by the artists.

Upscaled: The developers and artists create assets at a lower resolution and are then upscaled. The computer basically fills in the missing details with similar coloured pixels and will generally give a slightly blockier image. The clarity of the final image differs depending on the upscaling algorithm. 

Thanks!

There is no reason why the Wii U can't run NSMBU at 1080p with our knowledge of its specifications. I think it is a matter of saving money. It's interesting, because Pikmin 3 is more impressive, yet runs at 60 fps? Possibly this is with 4x AA? Anyway, I'd say Pikmin 3 is equivalent to a high-end current generation console game. Running it at 720p with 4x AA at 60 frames-per-second is impressive, especially with resources mitigated to the gamepad. I'd say the Wii U is probably equivalent to a low-mid-end PC of last year, and with optimization can probably pull off more. That is enough for me, current PC games have diminishing returns.

Anybody know what resolution and fps Trine 2 is running at?

I have no problem with 720P, But weren't Nintendo bigging up 1080P This last year for the WiiU?

That is exactly what I was expecting, it seems that the Wii U is 2 perhaps 4 times faster that the XBOX360.

Now I'm expecting the console to be sold for 300 USD.