By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U games to run at 720p, 30 fps.

Every time I start to feel disappointed about the Wii U, I just remember my kickass gaming PC and realize that no matter what, the next-gen consoles could never live up to any expectations.

That doesn't mean I shouldn't hold a certain set of expectations.. but it eases the pain.

Around the Network

I gues there will be 720p with a lot of AA or MAA, and 1080 with out none.
Not bad, not great.
Anyway i dont see any confirmation of only 30 fps

This is disappointing. I want better graphics hardware! Read this PDF about the development of the Crysis 2 DX11 Patch. They even say PC hardware is a few years away from being able to do things they want!

http://www.mycrysis.com/sites/default/files/support/download/c2_dx11_ultra_upgrade.pdf

zaire360 said:
Yo ghe wii u iz a fucking joke

Errrrrrrrrrr....

OT: It's launch. Am I mad? No. Am I surprised? Kind of, considering I thought Miyamoto said Pikmin 3 would run at 1080p.

NintendoPie said:
zaire360 said:
Yo ghe wii u iz a fucking joke

Errrrrrrrrrr....

OT: It's launch. Am I mad? No. Am I surprised? Kind of, considering I thought Miyamoto said Pikmin 3 would run at 1080p.

Probably on a dolphin emulator.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
This just keeps getting better and better.

Nintendo sees the Wii as a mistake because it didn't get third party support, supposedly because it lacked the necessary horsepower. So their solution is to kill the Wii and launch a new system that is poised to be just as underpowered compared to its competition as the Wii was.

Nintendo needs to stop smoking muffins.

Injesting muffins by eating is actually much more potent and dangerous due to the higher amount consumed and the direct method being used.

Saying they're "smoking" muffins is being light on th-- wait a second, how do you smoke muffins anyways?

Seriously, if the specs in the other thread are anything to go by I see no reason why WiiU shouldn't be able to do 1080p in at least some of those launch games. I guess it's just cheaper to keep assets at 720p res.

Doesn't bode well with what Wii u may be capable of.. if it's running it's launch ip(that don't look like anything ps3/360 can't handle) running at 720p and 30fps.. if Wii U is just as powerful as current gen hardware(and every single live demo shows games that look on par or worse with the majority of ip on ps3/360, the AC III guys said some things within AC III actually perform worse on the WII U than on the ps3/360, although he did mention some things are better..) nintendo really are going to fall behind if sony and microsoft push for much more powerful hardware.. especially if games look as good as star wars 1313..

mM

Somebody explain this to me please:

e3.Nintendo.com:

Video Output

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

http://e3.nintendo.com/wiiu/

By the comments in this topic I am understanding that Wii U can only run games on 720p. What I am missing?

sensebringer said:
Somebody explain this to me please:

e3.Nintendo.com:

Video Output

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

http://e3.nintendo.com/wiiu/

By the comments in this topic I am understanding that Wii U can only run games on 720p. What I am missing?

Just because it can display 1080p doesnt mean it can display it with 30/60 fps

ps3 and xbox360 also supports 1080p/i but most games only display 720p@30fps because of the lack of horsepower