By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U games to run at 720p, 30 fps.

brendude13 said:
leo-j said:
360 can't do native 1080p.. ps3 is the only current gen console that was designed for native 1080p.. 360 does native 1080p but it's a fake version of it..

How exactly?

look it up on google

mM
Around the Network

1080p helps with reducing aliasing so they should have gone with that.

And release dates have nothing to do with 1080p. Nintendo at least should have been able to get 1080p.

The box isn't that powerful. It will get 4x MSAA easily but resolution will be low for next-gen.

leo-j said:
brendude13 said:
leo-j said:
360 can't do native 1080p.. ps3 is the only current gen console that was designed for native 1080p.. 360 does native 1080p but it's a fake version of it..

How exactly?

look it up on google

But why are there 360 games that are native 1080p? Seems like a waste of precious frames.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Can we all agree on the fact that this is at least half wrong? Iwata said himself on twitter that using two GamePads simultaneously halves the framerate to 30 fps. This is straight from the top. If the standard was 30 fps, Wii U would NOT support two GamePads. The framerate would drop to 15!

Wii U games will run at 60 fps. This has been confirmed multiple times, and it wasn't even denied in the OP's source.

Wow this "improvement" over my PS3 is really going to sell me the Wii U...NOT!

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Thoughts?
It's launch. People won't be pushing 1080p as a standard for another couple years.......

Funny thing is the HD twins received most of their 1080p games in the first years. Games are getting more demanding. I wouldn't expect any Unreal Engine 4 game to run at 1080p on WiiU then in the coming years.

the_dengle said:

Can we all agree on the fact that this is at least half wrong? Iwata said himself on twitter that using two GamePads simultaneously halves the framerate to 30 fps. This is straight from the top. If the standard was 30 fps, Wii U would NOT support two GamePads. The framerate would drop to 15!

Wii U games will run at 60 fps. This has been confirmed multiple times, and it wasn't even denied in the OP's source.

Not sure if I interpreted that right, but a user here said that the WiiU tablet screen runs with 60FPS and these frames get halved and not the ones you see in TV.
Just a thought, I don't know if that's correct.

leo-j said:
brendude13 said:
leo-j said:

How exactly?

look it up on google

Did it. Googled "360 fake 1080p" (without the brackets) and found nothing of relevance.
Care to explain or give me a link ?

I hope, and think, that we'll see 1080p/i games on the WiiU in a year or 2. As it is right now neither Nintendo or 3rd party needs to push the graphics on WiiU right from start. Zombi U don't need too look much better than PS360 games, it'll sell anyway. NSMBU really don't need the 1080p/i - it's not a graphical game.

What I wanna see in 1 or 2 years is a Zelda in native 1080! Or else Nintendo can go suck it.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Barozi said:
leo-j said:
brendude13 said:
leo-j said:

How exactly?

look it up on google

Did it. Googled "360 fake 1080p" (without the brackets) and found nothing of relevance.
Care to explain or give me a link ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MakQpMSKP7I there ya go

mM