By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Are You Convinced On WiiU? **UPDATED with launch window games list**

Are you convinced to buy the WiiU?

YESS...especially after this E3! 210 31.16%

NO..I need moar! 196 29.08%

NOO NOOO *Darth Vader's Episode VI one* 178 26.41%

Maybe.... 90 13.35%

Total:674

A no from me. I've waited 8 long years to play Pikmin 3, but it looks like I'm going to have to wait a few more - can't justify buying the console based on that alone.

Around the Network

No. I really want to love Nintendo and the Wii U and I just bought a 3DS a few weeks ago but I am worried for the Wii U since they're investing so damn much in the casual again. Easy, accessible, kids and family. Not much for the core gamer.

The controller itself is cool (although games like Batman are using it as a pathetic gimmick). Had they showed Zelda I would have said I would get a Wii U early.

It's good enough. Too many great first-party IPs at launch would kill 3rd Party interest and force too much competition during the holiday season. A Mario game is enough for the Wii U at launch, plus it has Pikmin 3 and a good slew of other 3rd Party greats, even a lot of reasons for casuals to actually want the system. So I think that is enough for the casual/semi-core gamer this holiday season. I'm sure the rest will wait until 2013, when the actual core franchises are announced and released (i.e 3D mario, smash, zelda).

Long story short, I'll be getting a Wii U day one. It actually won me over with how it was integrating online capabilities. Also getting Pikmin 3 with it, woot woot! :D

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Too many questions unanswered. Battery life for the Upad for one, price for two.

Why are nintendo fans disappointed though? mario games, pikimin and apparently decent 3rd party support. What else did you want?

Eternal Darkness 2

GTA V

Metroid Prime 4

F-Zero

Smash Bros gameplay

Star Fox

Zelda

Disappointment was inevitable...

After their terrible presentation last year, they actually did worse this year. Incredible. The poorly scripted speeches from 3rd party bigshots with no charisma did not convince anyone that this is a cool system.

The Nintendoland games seemed completely half-assed, it is NOT Wii Sports of the Wii U generation. Wii Sports had instant charm, this seemed lame.

Wii Fit U will probably sell well, and NSMBU will sell buckets, but like others have mentioned, i didnt see much reason why anyone with a PS3 or 360 will switch to Wii U. Ports, ports, ports. Same games with a touchscreen, big whoop.

And Ubisoft: ZombiU is the worst game name ever, seriously, that has to be changed.

very disappointing presentation, but I have hopes the machine will be a good living room hub for netflix etc.

The games, I am surprised they didnt show more promising stuff than this after years of Wii drought.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Yes, convinced not to buy one.

My thoughts exactly

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Yes, I am convinced to get one.
Despite the small amount of really bad games announced for it there seems to be several star games to balance those out.

ksv said:

The Nintendoland games seemed completely half-assed, it is NOT Wii Sports of the Wii U generation. Wii Sports had instant charm, this seemed lame.

I think this is going to hurt Nintendoland.

Back when Wii Sports was announced you could see devs & people at E3 falling into its instand charm & having a great time playing it.

I wonder if Nintendoland can get a similar reaction, we'll find out as hands on reports flow in. But from what we saw on the stage it seems unlikely. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

forest-spirit said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Too many questions unanswered. Battery life for the Upad for one, price for two.

Why are nintendo fans disappointed though? mario games, pikimin and apparently decent 3rd party support. What else did you want?

Eternal Darkness 2

GTA V

Metroid Prime 4

F-Zero

Smash Bros gameplay

Star Fox

Zelda

Disappointment was inevitable...

If only. That was probably expecting too much for launch. Though, if anything, it could be expected for next year at least. The Wii U doesn't have a horrendous launch or anything close, but their core franchises and such are usually a year later. One can only hope.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

I absolutely love the idea of asymmetric gameplay but I don't fcuking want that in a casual game. I want that from a hardcore game.

Also saleswise I am worried about the 3:d party support. There wasn't a whole lot of multiplatform games announced (we alredy knew about AC3, Darksiders and Aliens. The only new significant ones were Mass Effct 3 and Batman).

The window of opportunity for Wii U is very small and lasts only 'til PS 4 and X720 are announced. Before that, the Wii U has to establish itself as a true gamer's console and an essential part of that is to get all the big multiplatforms.