By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Are You Convinced On WiiU? **UPDATED with launch window games list**

Are you convinced to buy the WiiU?

YESS...especially after this E3! 210 31.16%

NO..I need moar! 196 29.08%

NOO NOOO *Darth Vader's Episode VI one* 178 26.41%

Maybe.... 90 13.35%

Total:674

Not at all. It's Wii all over again.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Too many questions unanswered. Battery life for the Upad for one, price for two.

Why are nintendo fans disappointed though? mario games, pikimin and apparently decent 3rd party support. What else did you want?

Eternal Darkness 2

GTA V

Metroid Prime 4

F-Zero

Smash Bros gameplay

Star Fox

Zelda

Disappointment was inevitable...

Well, lots of these games are coming eventually so...

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
forest-spirit said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Too many questions unanswered. Battery life for the Upad for one, price for two.

Why are nintendo fans disappointed though? mario games, pikimin and apparently decent 3rd party support. What else did you want?

Eternal Darkness 2

GTA V

Metroid Prime 4

F-Zero

Smash Bros gameplay

Star Fox

Zelda

Sure, but we want them all at once. Preferably once a year.

darthdevidem01 said:
I think ZombiU is WiiU's Red Steel.

Yeah. It looks pretty good. Ubi did a really nice job.

ksv said:
After their terrible presentation last year, they actually did worse this year. Incredible. The poorly scripted speeches from 3rd party bigshots with no charisma did not convince anyone that this is a cool system.

The Nintendoland games seemed completely half-assed, it is NOT Wii Sports of the Wii U generation. Wii Sports had instant charm, this seemed lame.

Wii Fit U will probably sell well, and NSMBU will sell buckets, but like others have mentioned, i didnt see much reason why anyone with a PS3 or 360 will switch to Wii U. Ports, ports, ports. Same games with a touchscreen, big whoop.

And Ubisoft: ZombiU is the worst game name ever, seriously, that has to be changed.

very disappointing presentation, but I have hopes the machine will be a good living room hub for netflix etc.

The games, I am surprised they didnt show more promising stuff than this after years of Wii drought.

Good post. I agree. Nintendoland seemed very forced and boring, and yes, the ZombiU name absolutely screams "I am casual and superficial, not genuine like a HD game experience".

Around the Network

I was already planning on getting one before the conference (I didn't even watch the conference actually) and I'm still planning on getting one.

- Nintendo finally acknowledges the internet exists
- The Tablet turning into an IR remove sounds awesome (think, I'll be able to control my 360 with it!)
- I like the Pro controller

I still think Mii's look like complete ass and wish they would do away with those and I'm still fearful that friend codes will return, but I'm optimistic about the console.

I hate how nintendo is unable to ever announce games that aren't for that year. (thats what reggir said about thewiiu games shown)

Former something....

forest-spirit said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
forest-spirit said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Eternal Darkness 2

GTA V

Metroid Prime 4

F-Zero

Smash Bros gameplay

Star Fox

Zelda

Sure, but we want them all at once. Preferably once a year.

lol, greedy bastards!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
they said to me this :

FUCK OFF CORE GAMER !!!

I hate the term core gamer, as the playstyles and game tastes of people who play video games varies so greatly  (I think GTA, Madden, and COD are very casual games, but people will refer to them as core, for instance).  It's like talking about hadrcore movie goers.

I get what you're saying though, it was a lot of rehashed garbage... late ports and fitness games.  All Nintendo needed to do to convince traditional gamers was to have, atleast, one big 3rd party exclusive of an established franchise (that doesn't feature LEGOs) and a revivial of a dormant Nintendo IP (Pikmin would count but it wsa already announced), as well as a new first party IP.  That's not that much, really.

I am convinced of the hardware, but I am not convinced of the most important part: The software.