By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid Reviews Vita Resistance... holly hell...

Its official this game is crap. Too bad I really hoped for it to sell some devices.

Around the Network

Does this guy realize hes playing a Vita game? I think he thinks he's using a PS3...

As soon as I saw the extract I knew "Who else but Jim". Controversial review as usual. Shitstorm worthy as usual :')

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Don't worry guys, when I review it, I'll tell the truth, not any of this controversial nonsense. I loathe mr Sterling; I want to respect him because he does in fact sometimes make a good point with his videos on The Escapist, but his ability to review is horribly skewed and it's clear he's just in it for the hits, since there doesn't seem to be a clear theme to WHAT games he gives horrible scores to.

I swear, people use "it's on a handheld" as an excuse to give EVERY game a horrible review, or the fact that it's not as good as console counterparts to give it a horrible review. I've been playing games a long time, and a game can be identical to its console counterpart when it comes to quality, length, and content, and still get a lower score. I don't think that's fair.

Either way, I fully expect the game to be "good" but not "great" (as I felt Resistance 3 was). I've seen the gameplay videos, I've read about the multiplayer, so we'll see. Trust in the Runa!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

If we have to trust in Runa, we're screwed.

Around the Network

so the review is from the site giving assassins creed 2 5/10 and final fantasy as well right? is this site just made to get hits for bad reviews (high for some not so good games and low for good games) because people will talk about that in other forums? man those guys, maybe they earn money with it but couldn't they get a normal job not doing this to earn money lol. sure they explain why and blabla but it feels like they just try to write something to let it look plausible but in reality they are like "hey, we have to make a fucked up review, our site lost hits the last days, let's make something everyone will talk about, let's destroy/push this games score"

Jim Sterling's reviews should be printed onto toilet paper.

Kynes said:

If we have to trust in Runa, we're screwed.

Hmm well I have nothing against Runa reviews. Given the person is really high on the vita and it may come off just as well Jim Sterling negativity towards handhelds. 

However Meta and reviews showcase to me that this isn't that well of a game, and it got here on brand name alone. Why does Resistance still exist I have no idea, Killzone is much better franchise to play with.

Given for some reason I dislike Resistance as much I dislike Gears. So be happy I am not reviewing this game. 

leatherhat said:

-listening to a Jim Sterling review

-Not getting Gravity Rush instead regardless of how Resistance is reviewed

Time for some funky persona dancing to lighten up the mood

wow, that sucks compared to the original opening....

Love and tolerate.