By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

i agree with this thread!

and for people calling it a compain thread, guess what, its very likely he is complaining about you!

anyway since some mentioned neogaf, i went over there and checked it out.

its so weird! they talk about gaming!

might as well spend more time there, since every time i come here i see less and less threads i want to go to! shame really, because this site used to be great!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Xxain said:
TadpoleJackson said:
Xxain said:

Word. Thats to free... Imgine the thread bumping, XBOX news would not survive here.

The site isn't as active as you are making it out to be 

we have virtually no XBOX community here.

Well that is thx to MS.    Anyway this is possible the best thread created in the last weeks. 

If you can't find something you want in vita thread you just ask, and everyone is willing to fill you in. Shocking stuff, I know. The thread deals with a lot of information on a daily basis and considering how many post/view it, looks like it's doing a good job so far. And no, almost all vita related topics outside of the OT in this site gets trolled like crazy. Even the OT is doing well without the trolls is thanks to the moderators. This is the only reason why I keep the OT going, for vita owners/fans to actually discuss and share things.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Fun threads are fine now and then. But it should be possible to exclude them (meaning subforums like Offtopic) from the Hot Topics. So I can join these forums, if I bored, but the Hot topics aren't filled with the long-going fun-threads.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

M.U.G.E.N said:
If you can't find something you want in vita thread you just ask, and everyone is willing to fill you in. Shocking stuff, I know. The thread deals with a lot of information on a daily basis and considering how many post/view it, looks like it's doing a good job so far. And no, almost all vita related topics outside of the OT in this site gets trolled like crazy. Even the OT is doing well without the trolls is thanks to the moderators. This is the only reason why I keep the OT going, for vita owners/fans to actually discuss and share things.

THIS. Is it so hard to ask for a link in the Official threads? I'm sure people are willing to provide you on one if you ask.

I really don't think the quality of threads these days are a problem, its just getting late in the gen and E3 is less than two weeks away, of course there is going to be a lull. Once E3 comes round, the forums will explode for a bit and once the Wii-U is out we'll be getting back to the peak years of threads of 2007/8.

Also, I like the Piplup thing and when Xxain posts with things like xxample >.>

Around the Network

Sales website attracts fantastic users due to varied, interest sales data.

Sales site removes majority of sales data.

Forums suddenly turn shit.

Coincidence?

Too many forums. Too many "games" that aren't videogames. Not enough sales data.

E3 will be a real good test to see where this site is at. Its gonna be a huge event this Year with new HW and huge games. New generation incoming, so lets hope it brings in some new, exciting posters. Not spammers.

Spam is evil, so I agree with Capt. Groose (Khuutra) on that. At the same time, Spurge's idea is the best. Let the kids play, just give them a sandbox. The adults get their topics on the front page.

What if we created a sub-community on vgchartz where only non-spammers could post?

For spammers, a friendly word of advice. Think before you post: "Do I need to say this?" Also, try to post interesting threads more than posting and read, you'll see what interesting posts are. Then, try to mimic.

For freedom of expression, there is a clear difference between talking just to talk, and talking to express. That difference is what is bringing down the quality of the forum this far, since it weighs on the side of spamming.

spam for thought

Also felt I needed to say this: Then again, I only say all this because I know the potential for great discussion this place still has. YOU OLD TIMERS, get your lazy bums to create good content for the community. And you spammers, don't let their threads drown in heaps of useless topics!

Carl2291 said:
Sales website attracts fantastic users due to varied, interest sales data.

Sales site removes majority of sales data.

Forums suddenly turn shit.

Coincidence?

Too many forums. Too many "games" that aren't videogames. Not enough sales data.

E3 will be a real good test to see where this site is at. Its gonna be a huge event this Year with new HW and huge games. New generation incoming, so lets hope it brings in some new, exciting posters. Not spammers.

Interesting news isn't going to be enough if it's posted about in the current fashion.

spurgeonryan said:
Khuutra. Mermaids are real. I just watched a special on animal planet.

@ jay

Have you ever made a gaming or sales thread?.

In

Yes

Vita thread actually has game discussion. Everything else is offtopic or "Vita sucks".

See, some of us here actually like videogames.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!