By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What system sellers could PS Vita possibly have?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Not a single one regarding this topic.

A more interesting question to ponder would be how many pointless posts you have made this week, and whether the number is on a decline or an upward trend.

pointless is your analysis

I had this same conversation Rol before

and we've had plenty of this absolutely retarded topic, maybe not in the past week would we've definitely had them

tell me, you fucking expert, bearer of unbelievable intellect, when...in PlayStation history has ANY game been known to be a system seller?

edit: becasue to you people think if it isn't market leader than it failed, to make that easier,  during the ps1 and ps2 era

Oh god, where to start...

How is this an "absolutely retarded" topic? Is it not relevant to discuss potential high selling games on a currently poorly selling system? I made this thread because I found it hard to see any franchise pushing sales on this relatively expensive portable console and I thought it would be interesting to discuss.

And do you really not see any system sellers on any Playstation? It seems to me that you just made a horribly poor lie to strengthen your (pointless) point. Crash pushed PS1 sales. GTA pushed PS2 sales. Uncharted is currently pushing PS3 sales. There are lots of system sellers on Playstation platforms and if you can't see that then you're either blind or not looking.

And that edit doesn't make any more sense than the rest of your post.

no you didn't fight hard at all, I don't want to believe that, I refuse to

anyway yes I see a lot of games that sold well on the ps2 but that wasn't my question (proving once again this site complete inablitly to FUCKING READ!!!) I asked: HOW. MANY. DID. YOU. KNOW. ABOUT?

Italics: Uh, what are you talking about?

Bolded: You never asked that.

Underlined: The only inability I see here is your thought processing.

I refuse to believe you found it hard to see anything regarding the Vita

"when...in PlayStation history has ANY game been known to be a system seller?" you. cannot. read

coming from the person who can't see a system that hasn't been out for a year recieve any noteable support in it's coming life? dispite the fact that it is in the same line of consoles who lowest selling member is currently sitting at 60+ million units and counting... and you got the fucking audacity to say there's something wrong with my thought processs, when all I'm asking for is to be just a little bit objective?

tell me how old are you

Around the Network

I think sony needs something more than a good selling game but more of a phenomenon like pokemon...which is almost impossible to get

It needs exclusives and built from scratch games like resident Evil,Sonic,Gta,Tekken,

logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Oh god, where to start...

How is this an "absolutely retarded" topic? Is it not relevant to discuss potential high selling games on a currently poorly selling system? I made this thread because I found it hard to see any franchise pushing sales on this relatively expensive portable console and I thought it would be interesting to discuss.

And do you really not see any system sellers on any Playstation? It seems to me that you just made a horribly poor lie to strengthen your (pointless) point. Crash pushed PS1 sales. GTA pushed PS2 sales. Uncharted is currently pushing PS3 sales. There are lots of system sellers on Playstation platforms and if you can't see that then you're either blind or not looking.

And that edit doesn't make any more sense than the rest of your post.

no you didn't fight hard at all, I don't want to believe that, I refuse to

anyway yes I see a lot of games that sold well on the ps2 but that wasn't my question (proving once again this site complete inablitly to FUCKING READ!!!) I asked: HOW. MANY. DID. YOU. KNOW. ABOUT?

Italics: Uh, what are you talking about?

Bolded: You never asked that.

Underlined: The only inability I see here is your thought processing.

I refuse to believe you found it hard to see anything regarding the Vita

"when...in PlayStation history has ANY game been known to be a system seller?" you. cannot. read

coming from the person who can't see a system that hasn't been out for a year recieve any noteable support in it's coming life? dispite the fact that it is in the same line of consoles who lowest selling member is currently sitting at 60+ million units and counting... and you got the fucking audacity to say there's something wrong with my thought processs, when all I'm asking for is to be just a little bit objective?

tell me how old are you

I never said that. I expect the system to receive lots of support, but I don't see any notable system sellers which is what this thread is about. Call of Duty (among others) will not have even nearly the same impact on handhelds as it has on home consoles.

I am 18, and I refuse to believe that you are 27. You have the mind of a 10 year old judging by your wording, grammar and baseless insults. And then there's the fact that you care about my age at all...

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I am 18,

this conversation is fucking done

The PSVita just need some GTA Stories games for the West and some remakes and sequeles of FF games, for it to sell better in Japan, as well as spin-offs of the series. Monster Hunter as someone in this thread have already said, will probably not see the PSV for quite some time, at max 2 years and at minimum not at all.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

I want to see CoD before I make a decision on how well it will do. If a crappy psp version can sell so well before CoD was at its peak, I wonder how well a fully fleshed out title at the peak(or if you don't believe it as its peak, when CoD is extremely popular) for the vita would sell. With proper marketing, I think it could sell pretty well. I mean, the vita is an attractive product. The hardware is truly beautiful, it just lacks games and I think as for system sellers, cod will be a major factor in its success. Of course, I firmly believe that capcom will release a monster hunter on the vita despite their brief flirtation with Nintendo and GTA will come. Also, FF in its multiple genres and Gran Turismo will have an impact along with GoW and MGS. I think those are the main potential system sellers that are likely to have a sequel/adaptation on the vita. Of course, we m]ust anticipate what has yet to happen(new ips). I also would like to throw that I have been a firm believer that handheld gaming will shrink this gen compared to last gen. So I don't think either console will outsell their predeccessor although the 3ds does look like it is trying to prove me wrong but it still has a long ways to go, no doubt about that.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

What Andre said pretty much. I don't think Sony consoles rely as much on 'killer apps' as much as Nintendo or Microsoft do.

For example, when Halo 3 came out it pushed 360 sales through the roof. I'd imagine Pokemon 3DS would do the same if it ever comes out for that console.

There isn't really the same kind of thing for Sony consoles. Gran Turismo maybe? Uncharted perhaps? Not so much though.

Getting a GTA game for the west and Monster Hunter for Japan would be a good start. I think it'll be more a case of the Vita building up a library of exclusives, so that someone thinking about buying it will say "Actually, it has LittleBigPlanet, Gravity Rush, WipEout, Uncharted, Fifa and GTA now. That warrants a purchase."

It'll be a slow burner rather than a flash-buying phenomenon, and that's why I'm trying to avoid all the "VITA IS DYING" stuff I see all over here and reddit because it's far too premature at this point.

Also, for reference, CoD sold over 2 million on the psp in 2007. Think about how well a fully fleshed out version would sell now that CoD has grown so much in popularity. I think people underestimate the power of CoD because of their personal beliefs about the quality of the titles and their grievances with Activision's arguably mean business practices but thats just my opinion.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

As I see it, even creating new successful IP's could be a struggle for the company.

If they create a hardcore title, then it's not very likely to sell very well (as far as I know, feel free to prove me wrong) and even if it somehow would, then people would demand a superior home console version.

If they create a casual title though, then it's not very likely to sell well because of all the competition from smartphones and the 3DS. And on top of that: Casuals mostly prefer their games cheap, but from what I have heard the online store for the Vita is very expensive. (again, feel free to fill me in)

Sony pretty much painted themselves into a corner, in my opinion. Expensive hardware does not leave much room for casual buyers, and portable gaming does not leave much room for hardcore buyers.

Aren't you jumping the gun a little bit? The system hasn't been out very long so how can you suggest creating new successful IP's as being a struggle? This is commonplace for a new system. To create new quality IP's developers need time, to sell to great success they need a larger install base. This does not happen in the first few months of a console's lifespan.

Well hopefully Gravity Rush and Resistance Burning Skies do well, but you can't give anything a real chance until this holiday season. The Vita's library won't sink it for people until after E3 when they are announced on a unified front, and later when they start releasing. There are too many people out there dismissing Vita and its sales before it is given a holiday period, so impatience is breeding intollerance. There is excitement over Soul Sacrifice, but as a Mature title we'll have to see how much saturation it could receive. Right now Vita is getting a wide array of unique titles along with better known franchises, while PS3 ports with some flair the cost and time to port/develop for Vita is so low that even small sales make up for it. Though ports aren't neccessarily system movers not everyone sees PS3 as the default system winner and not everyone has a PS3. As the Vita gaines a library of PS3 games the decision to buy a new PS3 or a Vita become less contrasted and will help the system.

I know it's your own opinion but playing a full console feature game on the vita is immersive, the screen is large and of great quality for a handheld and right in front of you. The sound is good on the system and if needed can be improved through headphones(earbuds, earcups, even bluetooth). Also, the glory of the handheld console is its portability. It sounds from reading your posts that you are letting your own personal opinion cloud your view on what consumer opinion is, last gen having sold around 230 million handheld gaming consoles, comparible to current home console sales. You could almost say that for every gamer that would prefer to play on the home console there would be a gamer who would prefer to play on a handheld console.

I'm not sure where you heard that the Vita online store was expensive, most likely some hate fuelled speech. Most, but not every, Vita title on PSN is at a 10% discount from their retail counterpart. So Uncharted: GA the only $50 Vita game is $44.99, Little Deviants is $26.99 instead of $30, Lumines at $35.99 instead of $40. Digital only titles are, as expected, cheaper than if they appeared on retail. Escape plan for $15, Mutant Blobs Attack for $8. Minis and PSP titles are the same price as they always are for the PS3/PSP. It is no steam yet, but they operate without the risk of retailler backlash or competition that would steal retail space.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Monster Hunter for Japan and CoD for USA/Europe.

/end thread.