By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What system sellers could PS Vita possibly have?

logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:
how many of these threads have we had in the past week alone....

Not a single one regarding this topic.

A more interesting question to ponder would be how many pointless posts you have made this week, and whether the number is on a decline or an upward trend.

pointless is your analysis

I had this same conversation Rol before

and we've had plenty of this absolutely retarded topic, maybe not in the past week would we've definitely had them

tell me, you fucking expert, bearer of unbelievable intellect, when...in PlayStation history has ANY game been known to be a system seller?

edit: becasue to you people think if it isn't market leader than it failed, to make that easier,  during the ps1 and ps2 era

Oh god, where to start...

How is this an "absolutely retarded" topic? Is it not relevant to discuss potential high selling games on a currently poorly selling system? I made this thread because I found it hard to see any franchise pushing sales on this relatively expensive portable console and I thought it would be interesting to discuss.

And do you really not see any system sellers on any Playstation? It seems to me that you just made a horribly poor lie to strengthen your (pointless) point. Crash pushed PS1 sales. GTA pushed PS2 sales. Uncharted is currently pushing PS3 sales. There are lots of system sellers on Playstation platforms and if you can't see that then you're either blind or not looking.

And that edit doesn't make any more sense than the rest of your post.

Around the Network
Rath said:
logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:

A more interesting question to ponder would be how many pointless posts you have made this week, and whether the number is on a decline or an upward trend.

and we've had plenty of this absolutely retarded topic, maybe not in the past week would we've definitely had them

tell me, you fucking expert, bearer of unbelievable intellect, when...in PlayStation history has ANY game been known to be a system seller?

edit: becasue to you people think if it isn't market leader than it failed, to make that easier,  during the ps1 and ps2 era

No need to be so rude.

GTA: San Andreas was certainly a system seller. Other games I'd certainly include in that list would be Gran Turismo (used to really push consoles in Europe), Crash Bandicoot (before his franchise was abandoned and milked) and Final Fantasy (in particular VII).

Just like every console the PS and PS2 sold because they had games people wanted.

GTA: SA came out well after the ps3 had been market leader

GT: was a new IP in a unproven on conosles genre

Crash: was also a new IP

FF VII: was the first game in the franchise to sell as much as it did, FF V the game on the SNES sold 2.45 and was no where near the highest selling game on that console

try again

logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:

God of War, Uncharted & Gran Tourismo are system sellers.

If marketed right, CoD could help sell tons of Vita i believe. Get it advertised right like show a bunch of 6th graders playing it in the middle of class while behind the teacher's back, on a bus, during church? lol just advertise it well enough and lot that'll get into kids' minds.

Kids spreading the news is highly contagious. They'll talk about it non-stop, begging their parents until their mom or dad wants to kill themselves unless they get it for them. And when they do buy it for their kid, the parents will feel like they did a good parenting job. Then the kid's teacher will fail the kid or give a really bad grade and the parents will blame that its not their kid's fault playing games in class and its not their parenting skills fault for buying the game and system but the teachers fault for not 'properly' teaching. And the debacle between parents and teacher will go on for about a year until the next CoD comes out. Thus repeating the cycle.....all the while the mom tries to teach their kid a valuable lesson about how to get screwed over by trading in their games in for $2 at the local Gamestop.

...so yea CoD could be a good system seller.

It would definitely help if Capcom actually released a Resident Evil for it since their announcement/lie of releasing a RE for PSP never happened.

At this point, PSP Vita seems more hopeless than Gamecube did. I don't think there's any real big guns that it has announced, or foreseeably announced.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

GTA, COD, GT, UC etc all are system sellers combined in western world. But Vita need Monster Hunter and price cut to sell in Japan.

Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Motorstorm, and some new IP would help. 3DS getting MH4 was a huge blow, no question about it.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:

How is this an "absolutely retarded" topic? Is it not relevant to discuss potential high selling games on a currently poorly selling system? I made this thread because I found it hard to see any franchise pushing sales on this relatively expensive portable console and I thought it would be interesting to discuss.

And do you really not see any system sellers on any Playstation? It seems to me that you just made a horribly poor lie to strengthen your (pointless) point. Crash pushed PS1 sales. GTA pushed PS2 sales. Uncharted is currently pushing PS3 sales. There are lots of system sellers on Playstation platforms and if you can't see that then you're either blind or not looking.

no you didn't fight hard at all, I don't want to believe that, I refuse to

anyway yes I see a lot of games that sold well on the ps2 but that wasn't my question (proving once again this site complete inablitly to FUCKING READ!!!) I asked: HOW. MANY. DID. YOU. KNOW. ABOUT?

Jumpin said:

At this point, PSP Vita seems more hopeless than Gamecube did. I don't think there's any real big guns that it has announced, or foreseeably announced.

another beautiful post that took a lot of thought

logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
logic56 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

no you didn't fight hard at all, I don't want to believe that, I refuse to

anyway yes I see a lot of games that sold well on the ps2 but that wasn't my question (proving once again this site complete inablitly to FUCKING READ!!!) I asked: HOW. MANY. DID. YOU. KNOW. ABOUT?

Italics: Uh, what are you talking about?

Bolded: You never asked that.

Underlined: The only inability I see here is your thought processing.